Call to all '42ers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by andykenney, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Enquiring minds want to know......What were the first 2? :?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

didn't we have a thread about that sometime a few years ago?

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

• How did you discover 4042? I was told that it was a cesspool of terrible people... so i figured i'd fit right in.
    • Why do you use it?
    • What's the best/coolest/weirdest/funniest/most interesting thing you have ever seen on here? Wulf when he loses. He's like a scooby doo villan... "Stupid meddling commies!"
    • How often do you check the forums? so much that my eyes bleed. Well, that's not very quantitative, that could just be any time seabee posts... hrm... I'll go with way too often.
    • What other Johnston-oriented Web sites are out there? There was this one... but its dead, foo.

Nevilock:
    Nevi k
    Kevin.

the loc was just added to make it cooler in my head.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  4. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

What I like about the site

I too found out about 4042.com at a booth at the Harvest Festival.
    I love everything about it but the others have touched on all the best points already. Its a great & interesting group of local folks though I've only met 1 in person so far. I love to read the jokes, you guys crack me up. Its true that its a great place to get advice about local business', etc. The discussions are a lot of fun though like another stated, I do more reading than participating.

I do a little buying & selling here too, helps me to get rid of my excess & replace it with more needed items. When my pet died most of the group were very sympathetic & it was a release to have people to share my sorrow with.

I would love to meet more of the people here, they are just wonderful.
    How often do I come? Not as much as I'd like but like some of the others, I too must work for a living (away from home) and my kids keep me very busy. Usually I check in at least 2 or 3 times a week.

I tell everyone I know about the site!

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

How did you discover 4042?I was introduced to it when the "Niko" incident happened...a dog was mistakenly euthanized at the JoCo animal shelter. No, I am not one of the "furballs" that people have mentioned! :)
    -Why do you use it? I use it to stay involved in community matters, chat with friends I have made here online (now they are my IRL friends as well), get info as needed, sell items on classifieds, and entertainment.
    -What's the best/coolest/weirdest/funniest/most interesting thing you have ever seen on here? The best things about 4042 is how the group comes together to help others. Whenever a member experiences a happy occasion (such as a birth, wedding, etc), the members are always doing something special for them. The same goes for when something bad happens (death, illness, etc). I have seen members here give time and money to families at Christmas, those who have lost everything due to a fire, those who have had sick family members or deaths in the family, supporting various causes, etc. The coolest things for me was when a member allowed himself to be "auctioned off (manual labor) for the American Cancer Society. How cool is that?!
    -How often do you check the forums? Wayyyy too often!
    -What other Johnston-oriented Web sites are out there? Wmpm
    -anything else you can think of- stories, comments, whatever. 4042 is what you make of it. If you use it as a place to stir mess and cause drama, then that's what happens...BUT it can also be a great center for networking, opinions about local businesses/services, as well as a great place to hang out with friends and make new ones.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Y'all are giving me the warm fuzzies.

[​IMG]

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Too bad you don't find salads, treadmills or barber shops as interesting.

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

-How did you discover 4042?
    I was looking for local classifieds and seen they has a Forum too

-Why do you use it?
    To pass time at work, to see what's going on locally, and to plain ole chat

-What's the best/coolest/weirdest/funniest/most interesting thing you have ever seen on here?
    Best thing....that would be me....LOL....just joking, Coolest thing, I'd say me on that too, but most topics started end up funny , Weirdest would be Ormly and the Lynn crowd that use to be on here, Funniest would be to hard to name, several funny things happen here, and the most interesting things are the people themselves

-How often do you check the forums?
    Depends on the day, sometimes often, sometimes not so much, pretty much depends on the topics at hand

-What other Johnston-oriented Web sites are out there?
    Just the WTSB Radio 1090AM for local news

-anything else you can think of- stories, comments, whatever.
    A great bunch of people most of the time. Some things get heated, but usually it turns out funny. Not everyone agrees with everyone, thank goodness, cause if they all agreed it sure would be a boring place!

9. seabee

seabee Guest

DF....:jester::grouphug:

10. nevilock

Rofl... a personal attack, wulf, seriously? Someone said you were in your 30s... I guess i must have misheard "thirteen"

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  11. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Wait. You made the Scooby Doo reference :lol:

12. nevilock

Which, while personal, was in reference to how he behaves in discussion... not his physical appearance.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I am 35 and thirteen you heard might have been the total on your lunch tab. Don't start anything you don't want me to finish big boy.

14. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Didnt someone say you looked like you were in your mid 40's? I guess all that sun exposure from plowing the fields can add 10 years.

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

good one...except that person didn't really see me.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Get a job loser. So what if he does plow fields. Farming is a noble profession. If not for farmers your lazy butt would starve.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Um, boys............can we behave in front of company please? 8)

19. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I was just thinking that this is perfect because he gets a taste of the dark side :lol:

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I meant it in a nice way. :lol: