Call to all '42ers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by andykenney, Aug 26, 2009.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Squirm with laughter? Obama's approval ratings are going down faster than Monica in the oval office.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good grief boys, take it back to the Neighborhood side please

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Just go to the Members List and find Al. Then click where it says to see his posts. I laughed my butt off when I did that yesterday.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Just sort the member list by date joined. What you don't see is this is only dating back to 4042 Discussion Forum 2.0 and doesn't reflect the old site. All those folks with 2-13-04 dates are the Original Gangstas. Not bragging that is was free, but 4042 was successful because they had giveaways. The other sites who have tried and tried did not do that.

BTW, anyone remember when this thing went online? Hught eluded to the old look and feel (continuous thread). I want to say it all started in '02

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Reaching back into the 4042.com historical notes.....the site actually went live on April 11, 2000.

The Internet Archive Way Back Machine has some snapshots of "back in the day"..... http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.4042.com

Even the original forums!
    http://web.archive.org/web/20021001081829/www.4042.com/4042discussion/

8)

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep it did, i found it when i had just left MD and moved down here and had no idea about where i was or what the area was like and that was in May 2000, it was so different then than it is now, those threads were hard to follow but the site was a great relief to me, connecting to locals when i felt like it had moved to "Green Acres" and not knowing a soul. i didn't post a whole lot back then but i read and learned so much about where i had moved to, it was a life saver for me, i felt a connection and winning a free computer back in the day was the bomb:hurray: i got away from the board during the transition in '04, life got really busy, but found my way back again.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

:cry::cry::cry: :grouphug::grouphug: :cheers::jester:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and what would i do without Seabee:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. seabee

seabee Guest

continue to shine... :cheers:

10. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

You should really be an author? "How to Hijack a Thread at Post #2"

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Thanks dunce

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Did this ever happen, or did the reporter see enough of our ugly side and decide to go elsewhere?

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yes

14. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

To which? Did it run or were we too ugly? Or both?

15. Man, I totally missed this thread. It must have been when I was taking my break. It's interesting to read everyone's reply!

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

No, he is still around and is the one that wrote the article on Aunt Irene. Very professional.

Sherry

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Andy,

I was told about 4042 a long time ago and I looked at it and found that these nuts are fun to talk to. I have also learned things from different people but I will not give them credit because it will go to their head. tee hee.

We have several "groups" on here. Some are very interested in politics, some need advice on items, some check for school items and some just start crap. I'm sure I left off some.

We are like a family, we fuss, fight, laugh and move on.

It is a site that becomes addictive because you want to know what's going on in the area plus you want to keep up with your online friends.

The people on 4042 are the most giving people one will ever meet. I do agree that Hat and the snake was a very funny Thread. We still tease him about it.

Some people are downright mean at times but a person has to decide if it is just a bad day for them or if something else is going on.

I have no one on Ignore but I try to Ignore two or three because no matter what is said they are opposite, especially when it comes to liberals. Most are conservative on here, which makes for some interesting discussions. And be glad you were not here for Stinger_6. His emotions really got in the way of some good discussions. I believe he has come back under several other names but cannot prove it.

Thanks for being a Member and for my article. It was awesome.

Sherry

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  18. It's a good place to find snatch.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Junior Member that spends most his time playing with his member.

20. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

:roll:.....and "grab it" :hurray::hurray::hurray: