Done with the Draft....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Folks,

Brought in some friends who had never been to this place, didn;t even know where it was, but had heard about it.

AND

got the absolutely WORST service ever. C6 emphatically asked & reminded the waitress before she left, NO Jalapenos on her appetizer nacho plate. Tons of them on the plate, and the waitress was ..(can't figure out a way to describe the attitude, except to say that it was like urine, but a more common term for it. The word rhymes with hissy.) when we asked for a nacho plate WITHOUT Jalapenos. I wonder if we were not smart bringing in the family as we did, because I presume that the thought process of the waitress was that serving the meal for three tweens and 5 adults would require lots of work and would engender little gratuity.

2 appetizer orders WRONG, 2 drink orders wrong, and a don't care attitude is a sure way to not earn a nice tip.

We've given this place the benefit of the doubt too many times to throw away our coin. Have no plans to do so again.

Those of you who know the folks with horsepower there need to let them know about this debacle.

FWIW, we'd have been treated better at _______ (insert most any other place in 4042)

2. seabee

seabee Guest

pizza inn...

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

lmao:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

H6, i don't get it, we always get great service, food is always good for the past 3 years. Are you going in with that kinda attitude and maybe the server picks up on it? i know i have been in there with kids and still have not had a problem and trust me, a single woman with kids is usually the first one servers think would not tip well.

5. Hatteras6

Seabee...
    LOL...I said most any, except that one certainly escaped my thoughts, or else I'd have excluded it by name.
    thanks for the laugh..:jester:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope, it's not just him. I haven't been up there unless I'm with you guys since I had a HORRIBLE waitress a couple years ago. To the point that I asked the girl I was with if I had accidentally done something to offend the the waitress Went another time for a little get together for work and was less than impressed as well. Glad you always get treated well though.

Was at TGI Fridays tongiht and had outstanding service, as usual, so I don't think it's any sort of attitude I am projecting.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well i cannot speak to the nonsmoking side, but i have always had very good service on the other side - they do have different servers on each side - do not know what will happen come January

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  8. Hatteras6

Well, our service on the drinking side has always been at least acceptable, sometimes great. On the dining side, it's never been all that good. I've just presumed that the owners really don't give a rat's toot about the family dining or the non drinkers/non smokers.

I usually tip anywhere between 15-20% of the total bill. I have tipped as high as 35%.

And, no, I don't give off those kind of vibes, especially if I'm going out to eat with friends and family. If I'm in that kind of mood, I don't leave the house, nor would C6 let me.

When we're with non drinking friends, our order is usually fairly easy..2 unsweetened iced teas for us, sweet tea for DD, and usually the appetizer for which a place is known...in this case..the nacho plate and fried pickles.

I don't get this kind of attitude from the wait staff at any place else we eat in the 4042 area. And, we have been to most places around here more than once. Heck, we even went to PI more than once...just never again.

If it was a rare occurrence, I could understand that. Given the perception that persists about the difference in attitude depending on which side one sits, my gut feeling is that most of us would just wish that the owner/operators would just publicly admit what we perceive..that the dining area is the red headed step child (I was one) and that they really want you to go to the bar area, spend big coin, have a blast with low overhead, and high likker markup. My guess is that the function of that dining room is to serve as whatever balance the law requires for food service and alcohol being served...

That said, we work to hard for our coin to spend it with people who don't acre if we spend it there or elsewhere. We choose elsewhere. I'm guessing that the Applebees folks will offer another choice. If I were the Apple South marketing folks, I'd be busy already doing marketing research for their store, which would include finding out all I could about the competition within a 5-10 mile area.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I stopped going there with my family back in the spring. Very thoughtless, rude, non caring waitresses., and I complained to the manager also. So I guess if there is still trouble up there, then the manager doesn't care either. Other places to go where people are more caring and friendly.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well ya know you can't please everyone and obviously they are pleasing a lot more than not, how often have you ever seen their parking lot empty - majority rules i guess:cheers:

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I guess it is easy to please the drinkers.I guess that is why the parking lot is always full on that side:) are all on that side and not on the dining side. :)

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I will say that I have sat in both sections countless times and I get awesome service on the bar side. I have NEVER gotten good service in the dining room.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I have been to the restaurant side twice and to the bar side twice. I didn't get *spectacular* service on the restaurant side, but my waitress was sweet when she was around - I just figured they were really busy and would grab any old body to refill my drink or bring me something. I was enamored with a recipe on the back of the malt vinegar jar and asked the waitress if they had an almost empty bottle I could have the bottle, she went in the back and eventually came back out and just gave the almost full bottle. Yay! Then, we went over to the bar side and had a drink or two and I forgot my malt vinegar on the table when I left. Boo!

Anyway, I thought it was cool that she gave me the whole bottle. That stuck out to me, and while the bar side was very busy and lively the waiter and waitress we had were very attentive, visible, plus knowedgable about their beer.

I have also has the pleasure of seeing Hat at a restaurant before, and didn't even know it was him. FTR, he was very friendly and cordial with a sincere smile for everybody in the joint.

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We ate there one time when it first opened. Waited on the bar side and then ate on the other side. Bar side atmosphere was fun. The other side was OK but it didn't do much for me. I don't remember the service one way or the other, but the food was very average at best. If it was closer to my house I might go again, but there was nothing tugging at me to head over there again.

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Hat - you're not the only one by far! We stopped going there about 2 years ago, for VERY poor service. They refused to give us a table on a Tuesday night when half the place was empty, because they wanted to wait until 1 family left to push 2 together. We saw many empty tables, including the big round one that we had sat at just a couple weeks prior with the same exact group of people, but they refused to let us sit there. We had kids with us who were extremely hungry, and they didn't care. And it was the manager/owner that was treating us this way...

(on a side note, I came on here this morning to post about my horrible service I recieved last night as well, someplace else, so I guess there are now 2 places in 4042 I won't be giving my business to!)

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I've had the same experience of good in bar side, bad in food side. Are the wait-staff rotated by sides? Serving in a bar is easier orders and better tips. My server on the food side seemed like she didn't want to be there?

17. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I have given this place several tries...have never had good service on the resturant side. Wait staff not checking on the table, drinks left unfilled, cold food and an I don't care attitude. I have also stopped going there.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well the owners used to frequent this site when everything was all new and shiney with them. Wonder if they will address it now?

19. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

I'll bet corporate who in charge of thier franchise rights would care that the Manager is a smart a** to customers.

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

CDH is not part of a franchise.