Done with the Draft....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Aug 28, 2009.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I agree. Doesn't sound like this person has an interesting life. Oh well, I say a prayer for this person. Misery loves company, but it won't find company on this discussion board.

2. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, Ive never bashed the area. The people, yes. Then again 70% of the people Ive met in my hood are not from this area. 1 of the maybe 10 people I associate with on a regular basis are from here and I bust his nuts about it all the time....but he has a sense of humor. Anyway, Im heading to the pool with a cooler full of beer to try to acclimate myself to the people around here. Hopefully the older guy from LI is there again, he forces me to drink his margaritas.

3. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

While youve got Jesus on the line, let him know you lied about how much of a tip you leave.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hey, the majority of the people on here have a sense of humor. Unfortunately, you aren't funny.

Anyway, have a nice time at the pool. :cheers:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Robbie, I see you registered a long time ago, but have you really looked into the "Neighborhood" side of this forum very much?

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

You know, I have the opinion that if someone who moved here and doesn't like the area or the people...95 goes north as well. I wouldn't move somewhere and fuss about it the entire time I was there. If I didn't like it I'd move.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

<<<<<<==================

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What is on the Neighborhood side of the forum? If NY9 goes there also we are doomed. And how can she prove I don't leave a 30 percent tip> Sounds like a jealous little thing.

9. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Maybe single people give off a "good" vibe kaci, maybe that is why we get better service!!!

But seriously, have dine there with Hat5 before and he was very nice to all around.

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Getting back to the original topic here . . . we have eaten at the draft house many times on the dining side and always had excellent service and wonderful food. I can't think of any time that we've been there that we weren't taken care of.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey i am definitely not single and DH and i always have had good service on the bar side:cheers:

12. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I quit eating on the non-smoking side. Service always sucked on that side. I would rather sit and eat with all of the smoke at the bar than put up with that bad service.

13. Possum1970

Possum1970 Member

I've eaten there many times. I thought the food was good. I do believe the service could be better. I almost always get the same waitress who never seems happy to be there. And many times there have been mistakes. However, I'll probably keep going there until there are more sit-down restaurants in the neighborhood. I like the soups.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

That is high and mighty alright, to think so high of yourself you have to put your picture on a coffee cup:) Wait, it that NY9?

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No, it's Andy from The Office. He went to Cornell...

NY9 will always be Andy to me.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Seriously though it may be that the more experienced Servers are on the bar side. i know years ago when i worked in a restaurant set up just like the Draft House, new servers were always started on the family side because it is not as busy or hurried and they would work up to being allowed to work the bar side where the real money was made. That was a long time ago but it still makes sense.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Kaci, you know I luv ya, but that doesn't excuse bad service. It just doesn't. I know I personally will excuse a lot as long as the server is polite. It's when they get "attitude" that I start to have a problem. So apparently they need to work on their training program. Obviously these servers are not ready to be put to work yet.

And before anyone asks..........I have worked both as a waitress and in fast food. Granted it was years ago, but the basic premise is the same. It sucks, but that attitude should not be reflected to the clientele.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i totally agree, some people should not be in a service industry, i was just trying to rationalize the reason it is different on one side over the other

20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

(no joke. i made one of those mugs for my boss for Christmas. Put his head on there and eveything. it turned out friggin hilarious and he has it on display. :mrgreen:) carry on