Done with the Draft....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

we used to go there all the time excellent service, but the last 3 times we went, it was really bad, so we will take a break for a while then return in a few months and give it a try again. We don't go on the bar side.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

done Mafiaman, now you need to delete your reply to me:lol::lol:

3. XLSweetTea

XLSweetTea Well-Known Member

draft

went there twice. The food was poor to average, typical of that type of bar. Service was average, again about what i'd get at Mckinleys. Truth is when it comes to sit down dining i've dined at most of the ones in the triangle and they are all really sub-par. For some reason the bars around can't seem to take it to the next level with their food offerings. The only place that ever came close was downtown on glenwood but then we found roaches fried in the food - twice. I'll withhold the name on the board but if you want to know shoot me an email and i'll be glad to tell ya.

i've heard good things about charlies. Andy's seems to have went down hill. Cracker Barrel, eh, was better last time than in a long time. But the food choices out here... just nothing to write home about. We need so fresh blood out here.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well, let me weigh in....

If I go with the 4042 crowd, on the bar side, during the day, I get good service.

If I go during the day, on the bar side, and Donna is working, I get good service.

If I go any other time, it's a crapshoot.

DH and I went Friday, spent $50 in food and drinks, and still got charged $0.50 for an extra cup of Thousand Island dressing to go on his salad.

This just pet peeves me to death. Really?

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

FWIW, we have seen much improvement at Andy's over the last month. Of course, the menu is still limited, but the service and cleanliness is much better.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we go from time to time. the food is always good, the service has always sucked. Same waitresses, same mediocre service, we just go in there and we expect it. I have noticed every single time, the waitresses work both sides, with the exception of one or two, which is why the service stinks, IMO.

I have bartended, cocktailed and waitressed many, many years and you always get more money (tips) from people who utilize all aspects of the menu. You don't get squat from folks who just sit for hours, occupying a table at the bar, drinking. As a general rule, you make more money on the tables that rotate....meaning, turnover, not a barfly just hanging out.

oh yea, the extra charge for ranch or dressing is ridiculous....

7. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

We never had a problem until the last time we were there. The food was great as usual, but the waitress was not. She had a bad attitude and acted like she didn't want to be there.

On a good note, we had THE BEST waiter ever at TGIFridays recently! He was SO nice, and funny, and made our dinner experience there a great one. The kids really liked him. We also had a wonderful waitress one day when we stopped in for lunch. Very friendly. CDH's waitstaff could learn a lot from them! :)

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen folks thumb their noses at TGIF's on here, but we have never, ever had a bad experience there. My friend has once, but only once that I know of. I've been there probably 10 or 15 times now and it is my favorite place to eat out. Different strokes for different folks, and some have had good luck with CDH. Personally, just to eat, I'm going to Fridays.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

seeing how you are extremely hard to please that says alot....:jester::jester:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, I am hard to please................and make no bones about it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. VivianS

I totally agree with you, it's our fav place too! Do you have one of their 'Stripes' cards?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

But of course!! :jester:

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have Stripes too! :mrgreen:

14. VivianS

I'm all about good deals and free stuff so that is just the icing on the cake there! Did you ever use your Jump The Line coupon? I forgot about mine, but I don't know if I could have brought myself to use it! LOL

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I did get one and used it one night when it was pouring rain. It was just me and my son and he thought that was GREAT!! LOL

DH got one but we never used it, the dagger looks weren't worth it, LOL.

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Same here.....

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I have one too, and did use it for a big ole line one night - it was great :mrgreen:
    Just got an email Fri for $8 off next meal, for my stripes reward :hurray:

18. VivianS

I have two waiting to be used, I can't wait! It's nice to get free appetizer or dessert, not that we ever have room for dessert! LOL

19. HEMI

HEMI Member

im so glad to here all you guys are not going back. I wont have to wait for a seat

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:hurray: