What's Your Labor Day Weekend Story?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HomeGirl, Sep 7, 2009.

1. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Happy Labor Day! Hope everyone has had a fun and safe weekend! What's your Labor Day/Weekend Story? I worked and don't really have one, so I hope you can share yours....

(Though I know some of you might not be able to share your story due to posting rules! :))

2. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

We had family over yesterday to celebrate all the August and September birthdays. (Mom, Sis in law, brother, sister, daughter, mother in law) Their birthdays are all within a 3 week span, so it's just easier to have one big party for all of them. We cooked out, had cake and ice cream and presents. Just nice family time.
    Hope everyone had a safe Labor Day weekend. Be careful if you have to drive today!

3. FINALLY decided on a church. It's First Baptist Church of Garner for us.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've been busy. Put up new light fixtures outside, pressure washed, planted flowers, cleaned house, had folks over for a cookout. (fixed grilled shrimp, beef kabobs, brisket, chicken, cowboy beans, pasta salad and more) Today I slept til 9:00, planning on doing the least I can get away with besides laundry.

Happy Labor Day everybody, no exceptions. :mrgreen:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FIL has been in town since Friday night.
    Grilled up some venison steaks and had some Texax BBQ (FIL brought it). Had friends over for dinner and their kids. It was GREAT. Had a HUGE fire going in the cauldron.

Today - lunch and then FIL heads back home.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

Who is Pastor these days???? Travis Tobin...

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We had a wonderful relaxing trip to the mountains. I think it was the best weekend I've had in a very long time. Today we are gonna do as little as possible.

8. Yes - Why? I'm scared to ask. So far, we really like him.

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Had a fantastic weekend. Dh and I left for Myrtle beach Thurs afternoon (missed all the traffic!) stopped at Calabash for a seafood dinner, spent the day on the beach on Fri. Then on Saturday some friends I've known since childhood and went to college with were down, so we spent the whole day on the beach catching up, just hanging out, having a few drinks....it was heaven! I think we all got a little 'fried' in more ways than one, lol. Sun headed home (missing traffic again!) for lunch with the family (dd was home from college, yay!) did some laundry, took dd for a little shopping, grilled steaks for supper. Then Mon ds came over again and I cooked a nice late breakfast for us all. Truly a wonderfully, busy weekend for me. :hurray:

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We packed up the camper & headed to Carowinds early Saturday morning. We have fun at Busch Garderns ... but I love that Carowinds has a convenient campground right beside the park. The weather was great & the lines were short. The kids had a GREAT time ... and so did DH & I. We rode every roller coaster ... many more than once. Savannah even got to ride on a roller coaster in the Nick portion of the park. I love the parent swap program where one parent can ride while the other waits at the exit to trade places. My son got to ride everything twice ... without having to stand in line again. Baby girls favorite part of the trip was the water park. We got back home late last night. It was a wonderful trip ... other than the zillion ants that invaded our camper Saturday night. We killed thousands of ants Saturday morning when we woke up and found ants everywhere ... on the ceiling, on the walls, in the shower ... The entire ant colony decided to move into our camper during the night. Campground Maintenance sprayed the campsite to kill the huge ant bed ... but I think it was too late because all the ants had already moved into the camper with us. Poor baby girl had 3-4 bites, I had 3, DS had 1 and Hubby had 0. I'm glad these weren't man eating ants because with the large amount of ants covering our camper ... they could have carried us away during the night ... we could dissappeared like the lost colony.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Went rollerskating...and nearly broke my arm. I hadn't been on a pair of skates in like 15 years. My wife is a natural on them, however. It was my son's first time. He fell a lot but such activities are usually more forgiving of the youngins'. I fell twice, once assisted by my son pulling me down. My wife fell once under the same premise.

My first fall was a nasty one. They tell you to get low quickly and fall on your tail and not to try to catch yourself. That, however, was exactly what I did. My feet went out from under me so fast, I didn't even realize what had happened until I hit the floor. Now, I've got a sore shoulder, elbow, tail and hand.

12. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

left for NY on Sat. in th wee hours of the early morning - missed the traffic, had my fill of my all-time favorite pizza - Nirchi's, loaded up on spiedie sauce, visited family and left by 3:30 this a.m. to head back home - no traffic either way - made for a good trip. Now, I'm just relaxing for the rest of the day

13. From the Sea to NC

From the Sea to NC Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Bought some shoes and sat on rear end most of the day!

I enjoyed it!

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Took my youngest ice skating. No broken bones. She wants to go again. I'm OK to wait another 20 years just like the last time.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

hey all is good no worries... 8)8)8).... he is good. Good youth foundation also.

17. Yeah, I just had a feeling about him. He's a quiet, humble man. He doesn't yell at people!!! Ha! Yet he preaches straight from the Bible. My girls really like FBC too. We wanted to go where they felt confortable too.

18. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers::cheers:

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We didn't do squat. :neutral:

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I shopped, cleaned deeply and thoroughly, pedicure, lunch with a friend, dinner with my sister, 3 great pay per view movies, slept late, ran both Saturday and Sunday, did all the laundry, napped on the couch, read....

I think that was about it.

It was an OUTSTANDING long weekend.