Done with the Draft....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Aug 28, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

DD and I were there Friday afternoon and the food and service were wonderful, as usual.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

You should ALWAYS check your bill prior to paying; no matter where you are. The way CDH operates lends itself to an error now and then on the tab but it is an efficient way of operating. I have a hard time believing that 10 drinks were added to a tab but if they were I am positive that they would have been more than happy to correct if mentioned.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's a pretty strong statement. How do you figure he is a thief if he corrected his mistake on the bills? :confused: People are human and they do make mistakes.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  4. AprilSun

AprilSun Guest

I do not know exact details, my one friend said the tab was corrected by the bartender, I dont think any manager was involved. She thought it was intentional since the bartender was quick to remove the additional charges as if he was well aware of them. Like I said, another friend had a similar experience. I realize mistakes are made but when 2 people I know tell me things like this I tend to think it was no mistake.

5. AprilSun

AprilSun Guest

I guess my point is that there are to many places that you can go to and not have to worry about being taken advantage of. Even if it was just a mistake, there are plenty of places to go where I do not have to worry about paying extra because of mistakes being made.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wow, an ex-employee possibly, kinda points that way when someone joins the board just to down an establishment.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Where ?????????

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

10 drinks is sort of hard to hide. I would have to think it was a mistake unless you were part of a very large group.

I was overcharged at Chili's at White Oak 4 times in a row. I caught it each time. Between that and the fact that it slipped so far I never went back after the fourth time. That was two years ago.
    I was overcharged at Moonlight pizza last Friday night when a few of us from work went over after work. I didn't catch it until I got home and thought about the itemized bill. Did you ever notice that they dont send the itemized bill home with you? The moral of the story is check your bill. It can happen anywhere.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep, i believe i may be right about this one:cheers:

10. seabee

seabee Guest

ha ha .... you have a many birdies.... :cheers::cheers::lol:

11. AprilSun

AprilSun Guest

Sorry, I work for a marketing firm and was in school with no job prior to that. Thanks for trying to discredit me for no reason though. And just to let you know, I have lurked on this board for some time, this particular thread and its contents along with some experiences I've heard about made me register and comment.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just speaking from experience

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Whatever.... :rolleyes:

You can look at your beer glass half-full or half-empty.

Half-Full : The bartender realized right way it was an honest mistake and took off the charges, I mean really - what one person consumes more than 10 drinks at a bar, esp if they knew how long you were there and a general idea of what/how much you were consuming - esp if he/she were preparing the drinks.

Half-Empty : Ten extra drinks on my bill in this crowded establishment, surely they are out to get me and think I am just going to pay this and not say anything - I mean, look at this brazen attempt to steal my money!!!