What's Your Labor Day Weekend Story?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HomeGirl, Sep 7, 2009.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I worked all weekend.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Left Sat. morning to go to Little Washington to be with friends. Great view on riverfront, relaxing atmosphere. Our hostess and C6 have been friends since they were 8 yrs old. Host/hostess are marrying in November, and have asked me to officiate. They asked C6 to photograph the wedding.

Wonderful weekend, great meals, close friends. Doesn't get much better than this.

Friend of theirs offered us a 14 foot sailboat for free. Rigging, mast, centerboard, and rudder. Will have to replace the sail. He was going to sell it to get rid of it (has several boats stored under a house and has rented the house out, and the tenants have their own boats to place there.) and offered it.

Drove back yesterday evening, traffic was OK. Pet peeve because of idiot drivers riding right on the RV's "6". And driving like the pure idiots they are on rain soaked roads.

SHP was out in force, and decorated such dreary driving times with brilliant displays of blue lights. Lord, keep them safe as they enforce the law.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be a debbie downer so I'm just going to say I'm so glad u all had a great weekend!

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Oak Island Saturday and Sunday (first time ever - loved it!). Sunday night dinner out with hubby and kids and of course a stop at the new Walmart :mrgreen:. Monday spent cleaning and yelling at kids all morning, then a cookout with great friends in the evening! I can't complain, it was a good weekend.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

OKI :hurray:

that's my happy place.

6. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Took granny to the store for a slurpee and then to the Outlet Mall. We didn't stay long cause somebody (name starts with R and ends in ICH) forgot to charge the power scooter. On the way home she said she wanted to stop by and see a friend for a minute.

Turns out her “friend’s house” was the home of her primary care doctor… she stalked his address off of the Google. She stood at the door givin’ him the “what for” because she’d been callin’ his office all mornin’ and he never picked up. After a 5 minutes of discussion and 2 threats to get law enforcement involved, she finally understood that it was a Holiday.

BTW- He told her to take some ex-lax… if you was wonderin.

Next week we go a’ lookin for a new doctor for granny.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOL. I love u, redneck! If I wasn't already married... U crack me up!

8. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

We received a very disturbing call from Principal Honeycutt on Friday...We spent all weekend discussing the horror of our highschooler having to listen to a speech by the POTUS on Tuesday, encouraging her to do well in school and be a productive member of society. We couldn't sleep, I kept having nightmares. Then I remembered that W is out of office, and the Dems won back the Whitehouse, and we actually have a POTUS that can string together more than two sentences without saying uhhhh and I KNEW that it would be OK.

It ruined my weekend though.

9. momof3grls

Hey, I was just sharing my weekend story, like everyone else. If you have a problem with it...well...tough. 8)

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Attn Momon3guys,
    Please pull your trailer forward. You are blocking the rest of the park from their view of the Porta Potty.

11. momof3grls

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  12. momof3grls

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

*snort. And if you have to explain your post... it's not really funny. :lol:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Super!

15. momof3grls

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!

17. seabee

seabee Guest

ha ha ha.... I find ya pretty funny.... :twisted::twisted::twisted: