Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information. I am making coasters, table tops and areas on the railing of my deck for drinks out of rock and tile. Neighbors are dropping off broken dishes and glasses as well. So, any size tile would be great!

The old window frames are going to be used to put my old concert ticket stubs, concert posters, etc. in. I am thinking old window frames would be perfect to use after I mount them and I could probably use some of the glass and tiles inside the frame some way.

I love this type of stuff.

Sherry

P.S. Just found out about a dumpster nearby that has some of this stuff I need. Looks like dumpster diving will happen soon....still not finding the old window frames.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Have you checked the Cotton Mill Flea Market in Selma? The last time I was there, they had lots of old windows leaning against the outside of the building. I am sure they would give you a deal. I got a great one there with original old green glass inserts in the four corners. I put a mirror in the middle part. I also saw some on CL a while back in the Clayton area, but not sure what they were asking.

http://www.selmanc.info/cotton.htm

Good luck! Sounds like a fun project!

3. Sherry A.

Thanks so much. I will go see them. I had not thought of CL so that's another great idea.

Thanks so much,
    Sherry :hurray:

4. Sherry A.

Looks like they are hangin' to me.........:mrgreen:

Sherry

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am looking for a good desk chair. My husband broke ours and it sits so low now that my chin is almost sitting on the desk. I have to reach up to type!

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Anyone need any Chrismas decorations? I'm going to be getting rid of most of mine soon. A 6 ft prelit tree, lots of ornaments, a big Father Christmas cookie jar (not red Santa, more of an Old World kinda Santa), probably some lights, kitchen rugs/potholders/towels, some odd and end type stuff. I was considering doing a yard sale, but I don't think it's enough to pull in people. I will probably post on Craigslist but thought I'd give y'all first crack since you're close by.

I only check here once a day or so, so if you post or PM me, I will get back to you. If there's anything in particular you're interested in, I will check and see if I have it.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

anybody need a nice oak computer desk w/ hutch? I have one I need to get rid of soon!

8. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I have been looking for some ornaments that are clear glass or plastic snowflakes, icicles, etc. and also some decorated.....spheres?(just trying to avoid some smart remarks if I used another word)

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Send me a pic!

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

done! check your pms.

11. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Check her pms? That's a good one! I've seen a couple ladies on in these threads that need to check their p.m.s. but she's not one of em!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

thanks!!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

14. Straitlover

I think I have some of the plain clear glass balls (no smart remarks guys!). I know I ahve lost sof colored/decorated onesI will check when I get home tonight and post back either tonight or in the morning. I know I had some clear ones that I put potpourri in a few years ago (so they would match my decoration scheme :) ). but I can't remember if I already got rid of them in a prior purge.

15. Straitlover

Here are pictures of some of the Christmas stuff I am selling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be posting on Craigslist and here on the classifieds after I get back from Disney, so y'all have first dibs.

16. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I am still looking for a cheap digital camera. Anything but pink please.

17. Sherry A.

We have a three piece bedroom suite that we need to get rid of/sale. The bed is a queen size with dark wood head and foot board. The dresser has nine drawers, 3 of which cannot be seen...kind of a hiding spot. The dresser also has a nice mirror. The night stand is two drawers and matches all of the other furniture.

I'm asking $300.00 for all three pieces, which are in excellent shape and the dresser has a piece of glass that was cust to fit the dresser perfectly.

Please PM me if you are interested. We are cleaning out our house we have so many items that the yard sale in our "hood" coming up will be overwhelming once people see all the items we see. Dishes, books, furniture, clothing of all sizes and styles, forks and knives, table cloths and other linens.

Sherry

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Any Metallica, Pearl Jam or Staind CD's .... Just want to burn them so I can put them on my ipod .... plllllllllllease!!!

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have all Pearl Jam CD's you can borrow. I have most Metallica too.

20. seabee

seabee Guest

Is this legal??????:allears: