Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Yarn Queen

Yarn Queen Member

Lava Roll rocks!

Every time we go, we try a different sushi dish. This time, we ordered the Lava Roll. It's our new all-time favorite. Of course, that'll change next time we try something new (cause it'll turn out to be the new fav).
    DH & I are really enjoying the place. Gindy's awesome, as always, and we're getting to know others (Cindy, Natalie, etc.) And, every once in awhile, we run into some folks from the old ODS days. That's cool. :cheers:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Hught, just because there is a tread about you or your business, if you CARE OR WANT to advertise, buy a space. :cheers:

The advertising for 4042.com is affordable for EVERYONE!

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

unfortunately he was not aware of the rules and as an employee thought he was helping the restaurant out - i dd explain it to the owners and they are making sure it does not happen again and will be considering the advertising with Webbie as soon as they get a website up and running - had to meet with them the other nite as they are doing a sushi tray for me for the upcoming bridal shower and i gotta say they were great about doing something they don't usually do and very accommodating at a great price - i cannot wait to try some of the sushi that will be on it:hurray:

4. Yarn Queen

Yarn Queen Member

Great N & O article

Had the French Roll last night --- boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. And I just read the July 8th N & O article, see below.

http://www.newsobserver.com/lifestyles/dining_clubs/epicurean/story/1598707.html[/URL]

They say that the website is near ready. Tried to do a search, but didn't get anywhere. (May be the "operator" of my computer.) :confused:

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH & I went Wednesday night for the Sushi special. The food was great, I got pasta and he got the Geisha Roll-YUMMY!! We also got the stuffed mushrooms for appetizer and they were to die for! Service was quick, tea glass was kept full....I love it!

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Their website is up.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

link?

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Didn't want to be accused of advertising for them. :lol::lol:

www.capriccio42.com (surprise, surprise).

9. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i hope that isn't the final product? :ack:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

when I googled it, it didn't come up. 8)

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thank you, i actually got the website from them last week to post it but things have been crazy and have not had time to get on here to do so. i googled it too and it would not come up, couldn't figure that part out. BTW, they have some great football food specials for Sundays and Mondays - we went last Sunday and it was great and also they are going to be bringing bands in and doing Karaoeke in the near future:hurray::hurray: On one more note, they are working on also getting the upstairs ready for private parties - great idea for the holidays coming up:cheers:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Nevil,one of the employees did it for them, i am sure they would really appreciate some professional help. Supporting our local businesses is a great thing.

BTW, for the bridal shower/bachelorette party Sat nite, John the sushi chef prepared the most awesome sushi trays for us, not only did they look great they tasted awesome and price was great and you all know what a cheapskate i am:lol:

13. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Bump...

I went there for the second time last night and I was again impressed. Everything was spot on. The service, the timing, the presentation and (of course!) the food was just right. You would expect an Italian- Japanese place not to be able to do either well, but this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, at near prime time on a Saturday night the staff almost outnumbered the customers again. This location seems to be cursed and I don't fully understand why.

14. I doubt the location is cursed. If there were an Olive Garden right there it would be packed!

15. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I have my favorite chain restaurants, but I also like to 'eat local', particularly when I travel.

16. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I went to a normally packed restaurant last night about 6pm and they were not busy either. Must have been something in the air.

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

State Fair.....even Wally World feeels it.

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Appears that they took a scan of a menu and inserted it, and the pixelation is not good.

As for helping out a business, I do by patronizing them.

The website one presents says a lot about the business. IMO, it's worth doing the best job you can, as for many, it may the the only impression they'll have of a business. Why not a great website, rather than a so-so one? In the public venue, doesn't "image" count?

Yes, I realize that under-capitalization of new businesses is the main reason they fail. In today's business climate, one's web presence can be as important as the brick and mortar appearance. We know these folks invested a lot in the physical appearance of the bricks and mortar. Would it not be in their best interests to have the best web appearance they could present?

I'm sure that there are folks here and about that would be reasonably priced for web design.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  19. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I'm glad some of you gave good opinions of the place...I pass it everyday, but haven't stopped by because I just wasn't so sure a restaurant could do both Italian and sushi right..If they could however, this could be a blessing for my husband, who hates sushi but is forced to take me out for it, anyhow!!!

20. Hoagie

Hoagie Well-Known Member

LIVE Music Friday night from 6pm-10pm. Be there!