The Biggest Loser

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, May 12, 2009.

1. I missed the beginning of the show. What happened to the lady who lost her family? Who did she lose? That's terrible!

2. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

She lost her Husband and two children. One was only two weeks old.

3. WHAT????! How? In a car accident? That is awful. No wonder Jillian broke down. I was wondering what that was all about.:cry:

4. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

It was an accident if I'm not mistaken. I cried my way through the show. It still amazes me that an individual can lose 20 pounds in one week. If only I could do that, I'd be set. I think the total weight loss for the whole group the first week was 150 pounds - amazing. What was a shocker to me was the study they are doing with the contestants. They figured out the age of the organs going into the contest and then they will check them again at the end. I knew our organs aged differently but I didn't know they could age that many years. What an eye opener! and I love the fact that they brought Dan/Daniel back - our guy from Fuquay (or at least I think that's where he was from). The only thing I don't like about the show is how the female trainer acts. I don't ever remember any one drill sergeant during basic training acting like that.

5. Yes, she gets "showier" every season. I think it's a little over the top. She's not a drill sargeant. She's a personal trainer on a reality show.:rolleyes:

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am so thrilled that Daniel is back!!! I want him to take it all the way this time. He looks GREAT. I almost cried when he chose his partner. I know he will be just the inspiration she needs.

I missed the second half of the show cause I had to watch Jordan win on Big Brother.

I'm so glad my favorite shows are coming back on!!!

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I LOVE This show!!! Has inspired me since I knew it was coming back on. I thought I can't be lazy watching this show. So, the last month I've been walking everyday. Doing cardio 3X a week & increasing to 4X a week this week. Next week, 5. I do feel better. I can not wait to lose weight. I kow it won't be 20 lbs a week but will be 20 lbs by Christmas by golly! I think Daniel is the best partner for Shay. I can not wait to see what they look like at the end of the show. Still wonder what exactly was wrong w/ Tracy that they did not release her the same time as Moe. And he is just a sweetheart. Great group of people though I do think this year they are more emotional contestants. How about that guy finding out he did indeed have type 2 diabetes. Wasn't that terrible? I do believe all the contestants are incredibly motivated this season to lose weight. I know they'll succeed.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I wish there was some sort of local Biggest Loser contest. Or we could create our own.

9. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Oh, I know she's not a drill sergeant - what I should have typed was I don't remember any drill sergeant during my basic training days acting like that. Maybe she just wishes she could be a drill sergeant - who knows - she's just mean

10. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Lady that went to the hospital

The word at work is that the contestant that went to the hospital had a heat stroke. She's the cousin of an acquaintance. She was not released for a while. I wish I had more info to share.

11. Oh - I was just saying she THINKS she's a drill sargeant. :lol: I totally understand what you meant!

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Is it just my imagination, or has the cussing increased this season? Is that supposed to be entertaining? I sure don't think so. We no longer have satellite, so can't fast forward thru that mess. We have reluctantly decided not to watch. I hate it, the show is such an inspiration!

13. :iagree: too much cussing is annoying, not entertaining

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I missed the 1st show...whahhh.

15. Boo hoo - My husband thinks I'm crazy. I cried through the last 10 minutes of the show tonight. What a sweet group of people minus Tracy. Tracy's a nutcase (and I should know). I guess she's gonna reap what she sows next time. It looks like she gets injured and can't workout.

16. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I didn't cry, but wow after all the seasons I have watched this is the best group I have ever seen..Tracy well she has got to go..and she will soon as they get the chance to do it.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

Hence the name... Crazy....:cheers::cheers:

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

i did cry too! that poor green girl.....her story is just so tragic and sad! i hope she does well!

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Do you know Tracy? I know she has an NC connection somehow.

Last night was a great show. Kudos to the red team for sacrificing themselves for the orange team. Warms the heart to know that there are still good folks out there.

Daniel is looking so good! He's gonna come back a heartbreaker for sure!

20. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Does anyone else want to punch Tracy? I would have sent her home for sure!