Hair Stylist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Local Lady, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a GOOD hair stylist in the Clayton area? We've been here 4 years & I've been to 2 different salons (one was on a referral). They both did a TERRIBLE job on my hair so I've been cutting it myself - mostly letting it grow. There was a good male stylist at the one in Clayton Walmart that I was going to try but he isn't there anymore so I don't have any leads on where to go. I just want a nice layered shoulder length cut & have a picture but no one ever even comes close to the pic. Seems like I come out of the salon with more hair than I went in with by the time they've finished poofing it up (which I hate).

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

There is another recent thread on here about this topic, but in case you can't find it, try Jenny at Andrea and Co. She is just outside of McGee's Crossroads on HWY 50, but worth the drive.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but I known of a lady who owns a salon on Creedmoor in Raleigh. She has probably 20 years experience...if you don't mind the drive or have regular business up that way. Of course, I'm a guy but she cuts a lot of women's hair too. She always did a great job with mine, but it got to the point where I was driving up there mostly for a haircut.

It's Salon 101 on Creedmoor Road. Cheri is her name.

4. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does anyone think it's crazy to pay $100 for color, cut etc. It takes about 1 1/2 hr and they get paid $100 bucks? The color, low lights, high lights etc does not cost that much. Maybe I should have went to beauty school. I paid that much to get my hair done love it for a few days and then it just started looking like it always does.

So does it mean that if you don't pay enough your hair color etc won't look nice? I'm not trying to make anyone made, I just can't afford to pay $100 every 6 - 8 weeks. thanks for reading.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I only get mine done 3-4 times per year and it always comes out exactly like I expect it to, so it is not too much to have that kind of consistency and good results. As far as the hour and a half for $100 goes, there is a lot more than the price of the color here to consider...like booth rental (or overhead if you are the owner), paying for equipment/supplies, TAXES on the money made, and of course, the person's time and talent. Not to mention that most of these professionals pay 100% of their health insurance and retirement, if they are lucky enough to find those things for what they make after the other things I mentioned. And, they do not get $100 from every client for every service. That industry is feeling the slowdown over the last year just like every other industry did. So, to recap, no it is not too much in my opinion. Jenny does an awesome job every time and I have no problem paying her or treating myself a few times per year. If you feel that you have the ability to do this, then yes, you should follow your dream.

Carry on.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

First of all I reccomend Cristin Gupton or Brandi Carroll at Pure Salon at 40/42 919-773-0404 both are FANTASTIC!

Also, with regards to price, I have long hair and a lot of time is spent cutting, coloring, shaping, etc. I think the pricing is incredibly reasonable considering the amount of impact my hair has on my appearance. I have always believed you get what you pay for. Good Luck!

7. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Yes I guess your right. I didn't think of all those things they have to pay own their on. Maybe I need to find the right stylist and it wouldn't be so painful to pay that much. thanks

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Didn't mean to be hard on ya...and yes, if you are not pleased for that price, you should find someone else. There are good suggestions here for all kinds of services. That's one of the main reasons I visit here so often. The other is for the laughs. These people are the best at always brightening my day! :grouphug:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You need to try my girl just once, I think you would be pleased. :cheers:

10. Local Lady

Thank you! Thats a few good leads. I'll give them a call.
    I looked for a thread like that for over an hour today but couldn't find it so created the new one.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Did you use the 'search' feature at the top of the screen? Search 'hair salon' and there's tons. :lol:

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Ohh cool... did they just puth that there??? :p:p

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i switched to Sara awhile back at Headquarters Salon down at the new Lowes Foods Plaza on 50 and i couldn't be happier. Her prices are very reasonable especially considering how long and how thick my hair is - typically for color, high and low lights, cut, blowdry and smooth out it takes close to 3 hours and i truly feel i get my money worth with her:hurray:

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Would be ok to ask how much it costs you there ;)?

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i wish:lol::lol::lol: Annette, sent ya a pm

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Jenny @ Andrea & Company

207-0088

LOVE HER!!!!! Booked my appt for next Friday! :hurray:

Maybe going red this time. :twisted:

17. Local Lady

Reviews/Hair Stylists

I was looking up the hair stylists that you mentioned. A lot of them don't have any reviews so I thought you might want to post some. Here are the links, select your favs & do them & us a favor. Sorry I didn't get them all but if yours isn't listed here, you can still look them up & ad reviews. I always check reviews & bet a lot of others do too, esp. newbies to the area.

Charisma Salon
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...nor+Road&city=Garner&state=NC&zip=27529&SWB=1

Salon 42
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...2C+%23+D&city=Garner&state=NC&zip=27529&SWB=1

Andrea & Co.
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...50+North&city=Angier&state=NC&zip=27501&SWB=1

Pure Salon
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...+42+West&city=Garner&state=NC&zip=27529&SWB=1

Headquarters Salon
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...42+West&city=Raleigh&state=NC&zip=27603&SWB=1

Mirante Mix
    http://www.switchboard.com/detail.h...70+West&city=Clayton&state=NC&zip=27520&SWB=1

18. Michelle at Andrea and Co did mine last night. I couldn't be happier. I'm brunette again. She did 3 different shades of highlights and it looks really natural. :)

19. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I also tried this salon recently and was REALLY happy. I think it was $35, but I have waist length hair..One indicator was that all the ladies in the salon have great hair styles..It always turns me off to walk in somewhere for a trim and it looks like they have deep fried their hair, then cut it with scrapbooking shears..

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

my vote is Salon 42