What to do with my pork butt

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 28, 2009.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:)

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Mine will got in the crockpot with Lipton onion soup mix, potatoes and carrots. I use 1-2 packages of the soup mix with water ... enough water to cover the potatoes and carrots.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Hubby does them on the grill; can't tell you what seasonings he puts on it but after he cooks it he chops it and uses Kepleys Sauce. Yummmmmy!

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

If I do say so myself, I make some awesome Q! I put a butt in my crock pot with half bottle of George's original and a half bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Original. Add a large onion (chopped into large pieces). Cook all day. Take butt out and allow to cool. Shred into pieces removing all fat and yuck! Add the onions that were cooked with it. Add fresk bbq sauce (both kinds and as much as you like). It is yummy!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Crock Pot, BBQ Sauce = YUMMY!!!!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna go with the crock pot and BBQ sauce. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

7. harleygirl

OH! When you take the butt out of the crock pot, TAKE OFF THE FAT :ack:

Crock Pot
    Pork Butt
    fill up with 1/2 water to cook (so it doesn't burn)
    PUT THE SAUCE ON AFTER YOU TAKE OFF THE FAT!!!!

You'll be eating about midnight tonight. :lol: I might be up and hungry by then, see ya after while. :mrgreen:

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Great idea! Like I said I always cook ours that way,tastes sort of like pork bbq
    especially if you make some slaw to go with it ;)

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

..the 40/42 recipe exchange- this is exactly what 'they' said would happen if they gave 'politics' it's own thread!

JK! I'm all about 'experimental' cooking...I'm just not very good at it-almost everything I cook becomes 'experimental'!- and this sounds pretty good.

Gotta turn out better than the chorizo sausage (not actually sausage, BTW) or liver pudding (I actually liked that a lot) I have tried recently.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  10. michelle

No girl! I'm gonna put it on tonight before I go to bed for tomorrow night's dinner. I've got lasagna in the crock pot right now for tonight's dinner. Yummy.

11. harleygirl

FINE! :boxing:

I'll see you tomorrow. What time? :lol: I'll be working *this* area. :mrgreen:

12. carolinasun

carolinasun Well-Known Member

Yeah!! I like Craigs idea. Put it on a stick and cook it low and slow>>>:jester:

13. carolinasun

carolinasun Well-Known Member

If you do it in the slow cooker put it on a rack of some kind to keep it above the juices that run out (FAT)!!! :hurray:

14. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

cut>paste>save>porkbutt.txt-THANKS!

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I like pineapple, but not cooked with food like pizza or pork butt. I might try this replacing the brown sugar and mus-My Friend with BBQ sauce and replacing the pineapple with mushrooms and onions.
    Who am I kidding, I'll just have the woman cook it.

Salt and Pepper the butt does sound interesting though.

16. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I put mine in the crock pot with onion soup mix.

BTW, I cook lasagna in the crock pot as well.

17. michelle

I put my butt in the crock last night and boy was it smelling good this morning. When I get home I'm gonna pull the fat off and put it back in the pot with BBQ sauce. Yummm!!

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

how do you cook lasagna in the crock pot?

y'all know i'm just learning how to cook. :mrgreen:

19. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

interesting.....do tell.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good story, but how was the ham? :lol: