Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

I'll get some info for you tomorrow then I can buy fireflys mustang! Whoop Whoop!

Firefly? What's the engine and price?

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Local Lady - Sorry, we sold it. All I have left is a dining room set (pine, big table, 6 chairs) and some small odds and ends...and lots of mattresses still!!

I have a 2009 Ford Focus, like new with 14K miles on it, but can't sell it that cheap, asking $12,000 for it, might be able to negotiate though if anyone is interested. Basic model, but absolutely nothing wrong with it.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I advertised a piece of furniture on CL, and got this response within an hour after it went up.

Hello, I would love to come get this from you asap. I defineately want it and will pay cash. I will come right now if I can!
    Thanks,
    Justin
    919-***-****
    Am I nuts to be nervous about calling him?

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

KD- I will have my Pat call for you if you want!!

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

KDs...I would be a nervous about that too! Obviously, you can't meet somewhere if it is furniture, but I might at least wait until it's light out unless someone is there with you. Be careful!

6. KDsGrandma

Cool!

The ad was for this
    [​IMG]
    for $450. Is that really such a bargain he should want to come "right now" and bring cash? And how can I tell it's not counterfeit?

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

google search the phone number first to see if legit and get a neighbor to be there with you.

8. KDsGrandma

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to arrange to have somebody here with me.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know i love it and if i had $450 i would get it to go in my dining room

10. KDsGrandma

Thanks! I bought it new when we were stationed in Germany in the '60's. The table and chairs didn't fare so well. I took Kaci's advice and googled the phone number, and I think it's a dealer, posing as an individual. He's got a bunch of mid-century modern advertised on CL as "for sale by owner."

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is a very cool piece of furniture. We just "inherited" some very 60's brick-a-brack that we are gifting to a friend whose house is very retro. Well, perhaps retro is being politically correct.:lol: He's a bachelor living in a house that hasn't been updated since the 60's. It'll fit right in!!

12. seabee

seabee Guest

yeah should be...thats something I may have done to you... did they show up yet???
    :jester::jester:

13. KDsGrandma

I haven't called him yet! I have received 2 more replies, maybe I should have priced it a little higher! That's OK, the first one to show up with $450 gets it, and I'll be one step closer to my goal.

14. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers::cheers:

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

NVM, I think she is suspicious..... now I have to think of something else!!!:banghead::banghead: Hubby and I really want it to be a surprise. Back to the drawing board. Thanks anyway!

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

"Cash" should mean just that....CASH!!! You've been around long enough to be able to tell if it's counterfeit, or just go buy one of those pens.

DO NOT take a Cashiers/Bank/Certified check!!! These are way too easy to counterfeit, and it's becoming more and more popular to scam prople that way.

17. KDsGrandma

It's all good, he had the money in one of those envelopes you get it in from the bank, and it was the usual bank mix of slightly used bills. And I had "protection" here, in case he tried anything! ;)

I love my 4042 family, thanks for looking out for me. :grouphug:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray:

19. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a good elliptical machine. Don't want to pay a fortune but don't want a crappy one either. :mrgreen: I've looked on craigslist but most of the ones on there don't have good reviews.

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

To whoever was asking last week - I do have a bunch of baby/infant/toddler costumes (boys). I have ages 0-3 months, 3-12 months, and 2T, and possibly more.

I know I have a Winnie the Pooh, lion (one of the full body fuzzy ones with a head that goes over top a kid's head), a police car (you blow it up like a pool toy and wear it around the body) and others I can't remember right now. If anyone wants one, I'll sell each for $5, just want to get rid of them! I can email photos if you want too.