What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Do Hard Things
    A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations
    by Alex and Brett Harris

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Just finished the first book in Turtledove's new series on the alternative timeline for WWII, a three book series by Hemry (Campbell - Lost Fleet series) on warfare on the moon and an alternative philosophical evolution of the US civilian and military culture from the perspective of a Sgt. Stark, and a book of short stories on space based conflict and warfare.

3. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

the time travelers wife

4. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Short stories by O. Henry

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

"The Lost Symbol"

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Dan Brown's my favorite author. Just getting ready to start on this. 8)

Also will be trying to suffer thru "All Quiet on the Western Front", along with my teenage daughter.... :?

7. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. I hated that book almost as much as i hated "Lord of the Flies." So very bland.

8. mom24

mom24 Well-Known Member

I just finished that book also. I found it very difficult to read. All that jumping around was very confusing for me. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

How are you doing?

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

it has been hard to follow all of the jumping around but i have really enjoyed it. hopefully be done tonight. :)

11. dgsatman

Got home today around lunch. :hurray::hurray::hurray: Feel pretty good and look daggone FINE!!!....all things considered! 8)

Hope your sister is doing well, y'all have been in my prayers.

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Great, glad to hear it. My sister is doing well, thank you. She feels a little better each day. Thanks for the prayers, you've been in mine as well.

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My son is reading that in 9th grade english right now. Funny to hear his comments as he reads it at night. :)

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Just finished: "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It has been out for several years. True story. Religious. Denver Moore was a homeless uneducated black and Ron Hall is a succesful art dealer.

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Going thru some of the older books of my collection - currently re-reading Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility".

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Exit to Eden by Anne Rice....

I read it several years ago, but I'd forgotten and ordered it thru PaperBackSwap, so I'm reading it again, lol....

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Read it a number of years ago, but after . . .
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I can again. 8)

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I know....I know!

But you gotta admit, she's never looked that good! That was a great time for her!

19. dgsatman

Finishing up "The Lost Symbol", another good read by Dan Brown. 8)

Will probably get into "Have A Little Faith", Mitch Albom's latest inspiration next.

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Has anyone read "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks, yet?
    Just looked it up at amazon.com and he mentions NC State and Chapel Hill on the first few pages! *grin*