A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

same as you.....my life is not my own Aug - Oct as both boys play football and i volunteer for everything! one day i will learn! one of my friends said she was going to buy me a shirt that says 'someone stop me before i volunteer!' you need one too!

i did run last night and i hurt today.

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

my mom calls that "elevator hand." we both suffer from it pretty heavily.

3. CrazyFabulous

someone's gotta do it....may as well be the fabulous folks! :)

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

yes I need that shirt and in a hurry LOL

5. What's really sad to me is that I am the only mommy or daddy in my child's class that volunteers for anything, and I'm the room parent because no one else would do it. I understand that I'm one of the few stay-at-home moms, but still - a room parent isn't even required to be there at school.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Been there done that.. I was given a list of names and numbers of parents that said they'd help out when needed. I could only get one of them to answer the phone all the times I called. :boxing:

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I didn't put it on the Disney card though. If you book, you can make as little as a $200 deposit, and the balance just has to be paid 45 days prior to your arrival.

8. Aren't the kids scared of an albino gorilla? :jester:

9. I already made it clear,I'm not making any phone calls. I will send e-mails or print out letters to send home. Teacher and PTA said it's okay. Otherwise, someone else can have that job. :lol:

10. :lol: quit monkeying around

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

People who are paranoid control freaks ought not to be loosed on the rest of us. I am going to slap someone if one more "issue" pops up because I was kept out of the loop because they were afraid I might know more than they do. Guess what? I DO know more cause I been doing it longer. GAH!!!!

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Breathe deep 20 times and hold your breathe it will get better:jester::jester:

13. Our Community...

I wish more residents would support our local community so we can stick together and support eachother in these hard financial times. Doesn't anybody help their neighbors anymore or are we so focussed our ourselves that the support & respect of our community has stopped? Not only finanically but respect, courtsey and togetherness. What happen to the saying "It takes a village to raise a child"? Just something to think about.

14. CrazyFabulous

it will get worse and your frustration will grow! middle school parents are even worse!

15. CrazyFabulous

i personally feel that we have done many wonderful things for people in need in our community. you have only a few posts so maybe you have not seen any of the goodness.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

hey hey, not all middle school parents.....:p

it kills me too, all the parents that have soooo much to say about things that go on yet won't step one foot inside the school to help proctor, or make copies, or help at the book fair, or get involved all they want to do is whine.....I could go on and on for days.....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  17. seabee

seabee Guest

They probably figure that its in the best of hands and no need to help...8)8)8)

Or maybe you scared them off...:jester::jester::jester:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Someone wash my mouth out with soap for complaining. We are still on the right side of the dirt today. Some were not so lucky on this day. :cry:

19. seabee

seabee Guest

I will....:cheers:

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug: