A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Thanks. Still don't know anything because there was a mix-up with the appointment and I get to wait another week for the tests. That's good news in itself to me because the dr. isn't in that much of a hurry. Most likely was stress-related and nothing serious. Feeling much better today, and DH isn't freaking out anymore. He's such a worrier!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I Just had mine done last month (chest pain coupled with a few other issues) and now they think it was primarily indigestion because the testing came back and they told me everything looked great.

Personally I never expected to live to see 60, now I am kicking myself for not putting more into the Retirement account. :mrgreen:

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just anxiety. Are you stressed over anything? When my anxiety attacks started many years ago I would get chest pains so bad that I was convinced that it was the "big one". I literally left work and drove myself to the doctor's office several times. That in itself gave me more anxiety!

Good luck, hope all turns out well. Think positive :grouphug:

4. michelle

You just needed to poot. [​IMG]

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You could ask my seat mate on the plane last night, I try to keep them silent, but I usually don't hold back! 8)

6. I can smell a lie like a fart in a car. (Know what movie that's from?)

7. michelle

Aww, a man after my own heart [​IMG]

8. michelle

:confused: Which one?

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can imagine!
    Let me know if you need me to do anything.

10. peaches

Thanks Hught michelle and HG. I'm really not worrying too much today. I'm hoping for the indigestion, need to poot diagnosis! LOL! Stress? Lets see...I just moved my dad down here, trying to find a job and place to live for my suddenly single sis, non-stop company all summer and I can't say no. Ever. Yep.

11. michelle

Well, I'm no doctor but it really does sound like anxiety to me. If it happens again try to get in a room by yourself and lay down and concentrate on your breathing. I've always been told to pretend there is a book on your stomach and your goal is to move the book up and down with your breathing. (I hope that makes sense).

You might want to see if your doc will introduce you to my little friend, Xanax. :lol:

12. peaches

I'll definitely try that exercise. My dr. asked me if I felt like I needed anything yesterday, and I said no. Probably should have taken the script so I'd have it just in case. I will if it happens again.

13. michelle

Just remember this . . . no one has ever died from an anxiety attack. It IS just a scary feeling and it WILL go away. Don't be afraid to take meds for it. If it were not for medicine I would still not be able to eat in a restaurant, go to the grocery store or go shopping. Several years ago anxiety was running my life. I finally got fed up with it and tried several meds until we found the one that works best for me. I still have occasional attacks but when I do I just "say hello to my little friend".

For some weird reason this time of year is always worse for me than others. I guess it's the change of weather and the holiday stresses?

14. Pump Up the Volume with Christian Slater. It's old (came out in 1990 I think) I was very much in love with him after I watched this movie. :drool:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH??? Is that you??? :jester: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's his answer for everything too. 8)

16. seabee

seabee Guest

Thats in manhood manual 101.... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

17. peaches

Can't hurt, might help! 8)

18. My husband would say that's my answer to everything. :lol:

19. michelle

Oh, such a wise squirrel you are :mrgreen:

20. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member