40/42 Incorporation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for not having the "mad skillz" to link to the existing thread re: development @ 40/42 and the excellent discussion already underway.

If 40/42 is destined to be the the hub of the 'new' Cary, many folks have suggested that now is the time to take control of our collective destiny, to incorporate so we have some say in our future before Clayton or Garner make a grab to annex us.

The floor is open for (intelligent) discussion...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

'Sok, you can borrow some of mine:

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=27291

3. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I live in Wake Co, but would like to help. (our plan is to be back in Johnston Co within two years)

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Put me in charge!

5. Gomer Pyle

You got it! Now we just need someone intelligent to tell us what to do next!

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Webbie shared the issue in the past had to do with multiple zip codes in the proposed incorporation area. So ... what would the boundaries be? Would it be the Garner part of 40/42? ... the Clayton side? ... Raleigh?...

7. Gomer Pyle

I dunno. Isn't the zip code thing just a post office problem? Other towns encompass multiple zip codes.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

If it's an issue, why not just the 27529 zip area within Johnston County?

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That is correct. The ZIP code is entirely separate from the incorporation issue. It is totally irrelevant to this discussion. It will only serve as a distraction. If we incorporate as a town, we may then be able to get our own post office, in which case we would then have a new ZIP code, different from any of the 5 or 6 where we now get our mail. But lacking a post office of our own, we will still get our mail the same way we do now - addressed to Garner, Clayton, Smithfield, Benson, Willow Spring - whatever post office serves the area each of us lives in.

I would be interested to know exactly what area is proposed for incorporation. Is it all of Cleveland township? Does it include parts of any other townships? The McGees Crossroads area is located in Pleasant Grove township, so that might not be included if we're limited to Cleveland township.

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Pick the main focal point of your area, the interchange, the old school, DR Wells area and then do several proposed areas from that 1 mile, 2 mile, etc.. then you can see what your tax base would be for each area by how many people are living in the area.. try not to get to close to Clayton, Smithfield or Garner ETJ areas, they will be harder to incorporate I believe..

11. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Archer Lodge will have multiple zip codes if it incorportates, that is not an issue at all!

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The prior proposed map did not include properties in the McGees area. I recall one boundry ended near Polenta and Raleigh Rd.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Do you recall if it included Indian Camp Road area?

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

The Flowers Plantation area is more like Cary than the redneck 40/42.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there are plenty of rednecks in and around Flowers Plantation as well as Cary...

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yea...but a higher class of rednecks:jester:

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i noticed in the other thread talk of having someone donate website skillz and space...use weebly.com. it's free, and you can have all sorts of stuff on there from pdf's to youtube vids...

18. KellBell

well that may very well be.....but rednecks, they'z everywhere.....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

our trailer parks have paved drive ways.....just sayin'

20. KellBell

now that's high falootin'! :cheers: