So... Do We Build an Ark or a Shelter?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HomeGirl, Oct 10, 2009.

1. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

For my research loving friends here, please get to work! My son (re)introduced the Mayan predictions to our family during his fall-break from college this weekend. This has got to be a "downer" for him to research in school...he has enough to deal with already, but he finds it "interesting".

Geez, it's a downer for me too...I hate to think I am wasting money on college tuition when the world is going to end before he graduates, more specifically, on 12-21-2012!!! (All I can say is I hope the Mayans were wrong or I want my money back)!!! :lol:

Three Part Series from the History Channel...Here's Part I:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iloM0vjEAMY

click below the video for part 2 & 3 (FYI: about 10 mins each video)

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I remember seeing something about it a last year or so,maybe on the Science channel.
    I thought it was quite interesting that they had the capability to produce such an accurate calender!
    As far as the world coming to an end in 2012,who knows...
    maybe I'll put that diet off until after the predicted date ;)

3. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I think it's a hoax. I mean the Mayans had to stop their calendar and predictions eventually. I have seen a lot of 2012 and Nostradamus documentaries on the History and Science Channels and you should see how they twist every little thing around to make it fit their agenda. (I got a good laugh when they described the "galactic alignment.") I believe my science and probability over any paranoid creeper any day. Just type in "2012 hoax" into Google and you'll feel much better. I like this article in particular
    http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012-explained-why-it-shouldnt-be-feared/

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

not that i'm worried but, the mayan calender is cyclical, not linear, by my understanding. Not so much the end of the world, but the end of their calender. It just starts over.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to simplify their life and get rid of any valubles prior to 2012 please let me know! :mrgreen:

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Were you in the Navy??

My Marine Helo squad was transported to Viet Nam by naval ship. After departing the dock 2 sailors approached me and said a prediction was made that we would sink on the way over. I was wearing an expensive watch and they asked if I wanted to sell it before we sank. I lied and told them I was the ships captain son and I'd ask him if I could sell the watch he gave me. They looked at each other and walked away, real quick.:lol:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Love that letter!

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Didn't we hear this back in the late 1980's too?

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Neither, just like our yearly calendar ends each year - the cycle begins again with the next year. Everything in nature is a cycle.