A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Why don't you want to turn the heat on? I bet you will Friday when it's rainy and 54 degrees outside.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Same here!! I love being cold!!! but they hate it so I told them to put more clothes on!!!

Well.... not the have sex part either as KB stated....

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

hubby was instructed to turn ours on today and glad he did as he has now called someone to come and fix it... yeah more money!! I refuse to be cold.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself of course, but I hate electric heat. I am hot, hot, hot natured and I hate heat. Now, if it dips below 45 or so, I will click it on. As a general rule, the heat stays set on about 67-68 the entire winter for me. Plus it's just cheaper to put on some sweat pants and some socks.

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Same here and :iagree:

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I had the screen porch doors open most of the day today and a sweatshirt on. Felt GREAT!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope... my stepfather was a scrooge and I won't turn the heat on until atleast Nov. 1 (remember, Nov. 1 in New England is a tad bit chillier than here!), and its got to be good and cold then. He always said "put more clothes on if your cold!". I do however have an electric fireplace that throws a good amount of heat in the living room and will use that to take the chill off.

:jester:

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

thats how it is at our house too, of course DH always makes the 'go have sex' suggestion, lol! :lol: I'd rather be cool than hot.

9. I like the heat on and very few clothes. :lol: Then I'm not too hot and not too cold. This morning my husband called to make sure I had clothes on because some of his workers were coming by to drop off some equipment. We have a lot of windows. I laughed, but he knows me so well. I did only have shorts on. TMI, sorry!:oops::lol:

10. Naughty Fred

11. :cheers:

12. Do you go to Fit for Life? I saw a gorilla there today.

13. I dare ya! I'll be wearing my nicest gorilla perfume and I won't shave my face tomorrow just for you. :jester:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

#1 Ya'll get a room :? Seriously, that aint even funny.

#2 I'm VERY cold natured (surely you didn't know by now) BUT there is NO way this side of HELL that the heat will be turned on in this hizzouse as long as I pay the bills. :boxing:

#3 Vote on my poll in the *neighborhood* :?

15. #3 - N/A

#2 - Crazy to have heat and not use it. It's just another bill. I want my family to be comfy.

#1 - Fred you may have crossed the line with the shave comment - I guess that's what HG is talking about. Otherwise, I don't see what we need to get a room? I didn't say anything wrong. Just gorilla talk. :?

16. seabee

seabee Guest

frogs dont like cold weaather... :jester:

17. seabee

seabee Guest

whats not funny????

you have a pole in the neighborhood????? Is it brass, silver or highly shellaced wood... when is this neighboorhood pole tour so we can vote..
    Is it called Parade of Poles... :jester:

18. I like cold weather but when I come inside, I want to know the difference!

19. uh oh