Does God judge sins differently????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by seabee, Oct 30, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

I'm curious on how everyone feels about this...

I don't know that he does.... a sin is a sin... but with our earthly believes there does seem to be a scale of severity...

2. His ways are not like ours. There are verses to support that he sees sin as sin. I think there is mention to the one unforgivable sin which is blasphemy or cursing God. I'll look it up sometime today. I'm sure somebody here has those verses. If we based the severity of sin on humans' ideas and thoughts, it would change all the time.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Are you asking if some sins are worse than others in God's eyes? When I saw the thread title, I thought you were asking if God judges sins differently than we do, and that's a good question too. I think the Bible says there is only one unforgiveable sin, and that is blasphemy against the holy spirit. All other sins can be forgiven if we truly repent, and we are washed clean in the eyes of the Lord. But we still have to face earthly consequences for what we do, however sorry we may be.

4. You said it better than me. :cheers: ...as usual :lol:

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

We both said it at the same time! Great minds! :cheers:

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

God punishes liberals more vociferously.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

:iagree::iagree:

8. seabee

seabee Guest

Yes the intent of question is if God judges sin differently in his own eyes... I agree with the blasphemy as you stated...I also know that most will judge differently thru each owns eyes and believes...thats a given...right or wrong...

9. And you don't even want to know what happens to wolves.... :twisted:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Wolves don't have souls.....8)

11. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... you should know Wolfpacker...

12. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

we dont need souls ....we have paws

13. The other night, my oldest daughter I read from John, Chapter 3. This thread on reminded me of what we read. We always read John 3:16, but I thought that the next verse should be just as important to know.

John 3:17 - God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through him. Anyone who believes in him is not judged. But anyone who does not believe in him is judged already, He has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

14. seabee

seabee Guest

So very true and good...God is the Judge of mankind, Jesus is the Savior of mankind.... Good job....

15. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

A sin is a sin

I agree that God does judge all sins the same and we are all sinners.
    I've had great discussions about the "unforgivable sin" and I personally believe that it is the sin of not heeding the invitation from the Holy Spirit to accept Jesus as your saviour.

16. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Invitation from the holy spirit? Step back into reality you wackadoo.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey dude take it elsewhere...don't need your crap on this thread...

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Hell , fire and pizza sauce for IQ9.

19. browns rule

browns rule Guest

NY9 - Why are you always so hateful and mean? You seem like a soul filled with anger. By the way, I agree with you Jalen.

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

He wants attention despite not having the first original thought or brain cell. He wants to be the liberal version of me but he comes a little short in the intellect department.