New Chinese Buffet by Walmart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by twowaz2fal, Oct 30, 2009.

1. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Anyone tried it? How is it? I am excited to have a buffet closeby.

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Same cat food as the others... I did notice not as many cats around BK and Bojangles lately... :jester::jester:

3. steelie

steelie Well-Known Member

Seem to be a few less democrats too...

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

There's been a buffet for years at the one beside Food Lion.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Shouldn't this be in the cat/dog section?

6. For the most part, those Chinese buffets are all the same. They're cheap because of the low quality ingredients. Quality is definitely not better than quantity at those places. :ack:

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We do not dine at Chinese buffets!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

:ack::ack::ack:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

10. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The one over by Ci-Ci's? (sp?) There food is always only warm on the buffet. I never found anything hot, so I quit going.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think they are talking about 40/42, not Clayton. There isn't a cici's up there to my knowledge.

But yeah, that one in Clayton is NASTY!!! I've been drug there against my will a few times and have not enjoyed it a bit. :ack:

12. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

:iagree: We tried it once and it was nasty alright! Some of the food was so dry and hardened we couldn't bit into it and the rest was cold.

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Super China Buffet in the Wal-Mart shopping center in Clayton. Several years ago it received a very bad Sanitation grade. Unfortunately that particular Sanitation grade is not currently available online. It was discussed here on the 4042 discussion board at that time.

14. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

My husband and I ate there Thursday night. It was quite good, the food was hot, and They kept our glasses full.

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

the one by the food lion at 40/42 is pretty good. We usually do takeout though.

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Prior to the new one, I ate at the one by FL only if I was hungry and in a hurry. It's more of a tank filling, than an enjoyable meal eating kinda thing.
    For no buffet- China King behind Smithfield BBQ at 40-42 is good.

We ate at the new place tonight. Service was excellent, sushi was good, grill was excellent. Orders of magnitude better than the place by FL. I don't see the place by FL staying open, as is.

What was impressive to me was that the waitresses were fully conversant in Chinese, English, and Spanish.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the sushi, already made or made to order?

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but there is also a 'sort of new' one near the Walmart in Smithfield where Ryans used to be. It's called the Smithfield Big *** Chinese Buffet or something like that. I've had pretty good luck in that one. It's reasonable and I think it's pretty good.

That being said, I make it not to look at the sanitary rating at Chinese restaurants so I don't know how thay rated.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

We went to that one and determined we would never go back. Unlike the one in the shopping center at Lowe's foods, we at least finished what was on our plates.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

No kidding? We've been 4 or 5 times. I didn't think it was that bad.