Does God judge sins differently????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by seabee, Oct 30, 2009.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. seabee

seabee Guest

I didnt say the Bible was the word of Jesus as you and wolf seem to insinuate,,, go back and re read it... the two were completly seperated of each other... we were to spread the word of Jesus about the path to Heaven... with you I'm not surprised at the lack of comprehension Wolf I am... Which was the subject of conversation not the Old testament...

4. seabee

seabee Guest

Thats not BS... its called something you have no knowledge of... knowing we all fall far short and are sinners,,, being humbled by the Grace of God... if only you knew that... Crazy just remember the filing cabinet find... it doesn't matter one iota to or about others... You and God is all that matters... I know you know that. :grouphug:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've talked to some of my 4042ers about this before ...

Let's say a christian goes to church every sunday, wednesday, etc... Comes OUT of Church and it's OK to throw out the F bombs, or GD' it, swear, flirt with men/women they don't know, talk about their *business* to strangers etc ...
    What just say a prayer or go BACK to church on Sunday and it's all good?

I DON'T THINK SO.

JMHO of course. :p

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That is no christian. That is someone who is lost, IMO.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Just curious about the *business* you speak of and NO the GD isn't acceptable and not right,, the F bomb I mean clearly its not a socially nice word and shouldn't be used but its no different than smoking in my mind... flirting can be done in a playful jovial manor without lust in the heart which would make it wrong... It cleary says we are forgiven of our sins as the Bible says and one is to walk in the way that is right but we all fall short...

8. People will always have their ideas what a Christian should be like. When it comes down to it, only God knows our hearts. I'm not one to judge someone else's heart. As far as the Jesus/ God thing goes... God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are all one so even if you did say the Bible is the word of Jesus (which I know you didn't), it wouldn't be wrong. Jesus wasn't introduced to the world until the New Testament but He's always existed as part of the Trinity.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that there are God's Laws and there are Man's Laws. While on earth we are to obey Man's Laws and by the same token we are not to inject God's Laws into Man's Laws.

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” - Mathew 22:21

And I agree with HG.

10. cosmicvagabond

cosmicvagabond Well-Known Member

:beathorse:

Well, I always thought the words in the new testament in the funny red print WERE the words of Jesus. And as far as I am concerned, they both say the same things. There is no difference between Jesus and God, except thta Jesus had an earthly body.

Was your point that Jesus was not the son of God?

11. seabee

seabee Guest

I certainly didn't intend for this thread to get somewhat blown up... oh well...

12. Cleopatra

Honestly, just ignore him. He had no intentions to post in this thread but to be inflammatory. The classy thing to do when like-minded people get together to discuss something you vehemently disagree with from the get go is to just move on and not even say anything.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

I think he's still looking for you... :jester::jester:

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I've heard this question asked in many different varieties. Sometimes it's a heartfelt prayer by folks who feel they have fallen short of what their belief system expects of their daily conduct. Sometimes, it's a justification or cop out of legitimizing inappropriate choice or behavior according to that belief system.

The question behind the question is almost, "Does God grade on a curve?"

My belief is that we are our very best, when things are worst. Consequently, when things are best, we neglect the spiritual dimension that succored us.

Whether a Judaic-Islamic-Christian background, even Buddhist, Wiccan, Pantheistic, or no defined religious or spiritual belief...good words are for nothing, unless accompanied by good behavior.

The essence of ethical and spiritual teaching must be, "That which is harmful to me, I should do to no one else." That is the summation of all religious and spiritual teaching. All of the rest is commentary. How we live our creeds and beliefs is the real definition of them.

As HG and others have said, (and we've all seen it, witnessed it, done it) we fall short of what we often preach. Talking the talk is the easy part. Walking the walk..whole 'nother thing.

Whether we are making fun of those souls in the People of Wal Mart, verbally chastising one another for not believing the "One Truth" that we individually believe, but refuse to consider that another's is as valid, we fall short.

I have a relative who underwent gastric bypass. Where formerly quite self conscious about appearance and weight, now has become "all that and a bag of chips". Unfortunately, it is Apparent that humility and kindness was removed during that procedure, also. The conceit, arrogance, and putting down of others renders conversation with this person nauseating. How soon we forget.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  15. :lol::lol::lol: ...somebody's always got to pee in the milkshake

16. cosmicvagabond

I'm so glad someone said that.

17. Cleopatra

ICAM Hat. Thanks for summing up.

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

This was about me...I can't ascribe or assign it to anyone else. We each have to examine our own souls to see if we are worthy of what we preach or not.

I see the spirituality in Thoreau's words. "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let each step the the music he hears, no matter how measured or far away."

19. seabee

seabee Guest

I've been guilty of that a time or two here... :oops:

20. cosmicvagabond

Wow,no where but on 40/42 could you see 2 posts of such differing degrees of relevance as the two prior to this one.