Windshield Repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by OmniOne1, May 19, 2009.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good place to have my windshield replaced? Or possibly a mobile window business? And good references would be wonderful! Thank you! 8)

2. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

What are you driving. I work with for Safelite and I've been doing windshield work for over 10 yrs. and I know several good shops in the area (and some to avoid). C&C, Registers, myself are all good people.... I can answer any questions you have.

Mike

3. OmniOne1

An 05' Toyota Camry

4. Aglassnut

If you're going through your insurance, all you have to do is call them and set up the claim. You have the right to use who you want. If you're paying yourself, pm me and I'll shoot you a short list of reliable shops to use. I'd say either C&C autoglass or Register's Autoglass. Both have good techs that do very good work and will do the work for your insurance company. I think the only question would be if you have an electrochromic mirror (you'll have wires going to your rearview mirror), other than that, it's very easy windshield to replace.

Mike

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

ChipNCrack Windshield Repair

http://www.chipncrack.com/

Mike (owner) - not aglassnut - sorry man
    919-621-CHIP (2447)

He's fixed my windshield several times!
    Insurance company paid for it each time without having to pay out a deductable for a replacement.
    Great locally owned company!

Tell him Harleygirl sent you!

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. Aglassnut

HG's right, if you need it repaired, get chip and crack to fix it, if it's beyond repair then we're back to my post. Is it just a chip or is it seriously cracked? Sorry I didn't ask earlier.

Mike

7. harleygirl

IF it needs replaced Mike (chipncracp) refers to Bill @ Registers.

Seriously man, you should call my friend. With all the crap you've been through it might just be worth it.

:grouphug:

8. Aglassnut

I've spoken with Bill several times, but with me being in Fayetteville, it's hard for me to get up with him. When I have to work a weekend, I don't get a day off during the week and he's not open on the weekend. I really would like to work with him.

Mike

9. seabee

seabee Guest

Make it happen then, take a day off... it may be worth it to you.

10. OmniOne1

How much does this tend to cost without using insurance? I hate dealing with these people. And does anyone know of mobile glass replacers?

11. Aglassnut

A rough guess on price for your car is about $200 to $300. As for mobile, any of the shops I mentioned offer mobile service and shouldn't charge anything extra for it. If price is a factor, Safelite (where I work) is very reasonable, but be careful which tech comes out (myself, Mike Pearce, or Chris Coats are your best bet for a quality install). For the money, both C&C and Registers are among the best out there (short of myself (I gotta do a little self promotion)).

Mike

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

getting your windsheild replaced is easy breezy.....Raleigh Window and Glass is a mobile one. They have replaced about 8 for me (yes, I went through a bad cracked windshield spell for about 2 years:p). My insurance covered each and every one of them and all it took was one phone call.

13. OmniOne1

What is the phone number for safelite?

14. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Raleigh Glass and Mirror

I would have to second Raleigh Glass and Mirror. They are mobile and do an excellent job. They have replaced several windshields for me. I work in Raleigh and take rocks from trucks on I40 URGH!! Give them a call!! They have been in business for a very long time and are wonderful!!

779-5880!!!

15. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We've done work through Quality Auto Glass. New, small company but FANTASTIC!!! Quick, punctual and definitely know their stuff. Certified and all that. Their # is 553-1165. Good luck. They recently did window repair work for us. They take the extra mile as well which is always a great quality. Good luck and definitely give them a call.

stephanie--mom to 7

16. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Mastercraft Auto Glass 919-954-9650

Best prices I found to replace my windshield! They come to you! Awesome people. They guarantee their work!
    Only charged me $160.00 even with him coming to where I work.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  17. Aglassnut

Derric that runs Quality is a good friend of mine and an excellent tech. If you'd like his number, I believe it's 553-1165. Him and I worked together for a few years at Glass Doctor so I know the the quality of his work and would have no problem vouching for him. I would like you all to understand that just because the your windshield didn't leak after it was installed doesn't mean it was a good job. I can't begin to tell you the number of cars that I've done behind another tech that the owner thought did a good job until I have to tell them to take their vehicle to a body shop because of the workmanship.

Mike

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  18. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Mike, are you still doing windshield repair - saw you at Walmart today and was going to ask but I ended up being distracted by the two women who were pointing at you saying that you looked like that country singer what's his name - chuckling I said Toby Keith. Anyway, if you are PM me. I have a car that is now sitting in my yard while we search for a motor but I need the window changed out due to a big crack in it. Thanks.

19. sschreiner

sschreiner Guest

Call DASHNGLASS Auto Glass Repair & Replacement.... www.dashnglass.com 524-6848 or 550-8222.

20. harleygirl

claytonian, if Mike can't help you call my buddy Mike (I know, 2 many Mikes - LOL)

621-2447 - Mike