What Time Does Trick or Treat Start?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by +VENTURE, Oct 31, 2009.

1. +VENTURE

+VENTURE Guest

Is there a set time i.e. 6-8 or a rain date that's predetermined for the areas around the 40/42?

Everyone have a safe night!

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What? That's a bum attitude. Turn on your light and give out treats. WE shut our light off at 9pm. Don't you read the online newspapers? You could have gotten your info. that way also. No secret there!

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We went at 7 and people where making coments about how early we were. :? my son is 4 and goes to bed at 8.

5. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I always thought the rule was that it started once the sun goes down. I would only think people were early if it wasn't dark, but I know it was dark by 7 so not sure what those folks were talking about. :?

6. Why do people always talk about being in the "loop?" That's silly. There are new people that come on all the time and ask a question and get lots of feedback. I'm a perfect example. The first post I made here I asked about churches in the area. I got so much response. It was awesome! Maybe the reason no one answered is because not many people are on here on the weekends. I've been gone all day and just got home.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

\

Seriously? People trick or treat starting at about dark, a little earlier for the little bitty kids. There is no secret to that, it just is. 9:00 is considered the end time. Not sure what the "issue" is. :confused: It's always been that way, probably always will be that way.

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

could somebody tell me what day christmas is, or is that one of y'all's big "secrets", too?

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It depends on what day of the week it actually lands on..... we may have to adjust it if it lands on the second Tuesday after the third Wednesday! :lol:

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Well wait.... Let me look it up in the online newspaper...........:)

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Funny thread!

Actually, I had to take my kids out early, we started around 6:30 because I was going out at 8 and the sitter was coming around 7:30 so we had to be home by then. Otherwise, especially since it was a weekend night, we probably still would have started around 7 or 7:30, mostly because I don't like to be out in the dark with them if I can help it. And also the kids just can't wait any longer! But I did notice most kids started showing up right before 8 last night, and my oldest (9) did NOT want to go out as early as we did, he didn't think the trick-or-treating thing was very cool this time around...

12. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

There are traditional foods we serve at Thanksgiving too. The meat is one of the most important parts of the meal, but we're not going to tell you what that is either.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Don't tell anyone outside of the loop but I heard that Halloween will be on Oct 31st next year.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In all fairness, different areas of the country have Halloween at different times.

Hales Corners, Wisconsin had Trick or Treat last Sunday, still scratching my head on that one. Couple of my nieces went around and then intended on going again elsewhere later in the week.

15. OverdaRainbow

OverdaRainbow Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me... as a child we always went once it was good and dark, so I was always confused as a child why the little girl on ET (Drew Barrymore) went during daylight hours...

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's fine, but seriously? Fussing because they feel left out of the "loop". What freaking loop? Call someone with kids if you really don't know. I'm just trying to understand what someone could have possibly gotten offended about. :confused:

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:I was more concerned about possible feedback to +VENTURE

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It's a safe bet that Trick or Treating will be from 6-8 give or take 30 minutes pretty much everywhere. The reason it seemed too early this year is because Daylight Savings Time was changed a year or two ago. The clocks used to be set back before Halloween, making it dark at 6:00PM. If a town changed the night, the locals would know.
    IMO I think it should just be moved to the last Saturday of the month every year.

I'm the only one in my loop but I still figured all this out on my own.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree with that. It wasn't the OP that made me go :confused: .

20. :hurray::hurray::hurray: The "loop" is a term used by people on here who get offended easily. This is online forum for adults for Pete's sake - not middle school.