New Chinese Buffet by Walmart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by twowaz2fal, Oct 30, 2009.

1. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

We enjoy that one too! I thought I saw a buffet in there before though no?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Might have been a one off, there are enough of them so I usually don't give Chinese restaurants a second chance if the first one was bad.

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

The Hibachi place in smithfield in front of Walmart is a great buffet place better then the Clayton or 4042 buffet places.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Yeah - that's the one I was referring to.

5. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

5 on your side highlighted them in the restaurant ratings recently - Got a B

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, so got food from this one in the OP for lunch today, to go. I won't be back. The meat was gross. I adore beef and broccoli if it's done right. This wasn't, FULL of gristle. DH's General Tso's chicken was also disgusting. 2 thumbs down.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

FWIW, most home kitchens and our sanitation,storage,preparation practices wouldn't do well on the score, either.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe not, but I am not getting paid to do so. If I hand over good money, I don't expect to get sick from it. I happen to follow strict food handling practices in my own kitchen, I expect no less from someone I am paying. A "B" in unacceptable and I have walked out of restaurants with that grade.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Why do you think I eat out! :mrgreen:

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

No big deal. They just had to move the litter pan a little further from the sushi bar.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Went to a place in Reno (Khans, very tastey) and the people I went with didn't even hesitate calling the kabob "Cat on a stick". Pretty tasty and many parts are edible!

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

So many things "taste just like chicken". Rabbit, Rattle Snake, Cat, Alligator, and the list goes on. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of chickens, and since it's not really very expensive, I'll just eat chicken. It tastes pretty much like you expect.

13. A little off subject, but we ate at that Chinese restaurant behind Smithfield's BBQ on Saturday night. I think it's China King? The service was great and our little waiter was so sweet, the food was good, but the next day we all felt sick. We blamed it on the Chinese food, but it could have the Halloween candy! Has anyone else been there and got sick?

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Maybe when you referred to your little waiter and your little waiter he put some special seasonings in your PuPu platter.

15. That reminds me when I was little, my brother used to prank call Chinese restaurants and ask for the Pu Pu Platter to go. We thought it was so funny. That was back before Caller ID. He also used to call pizza places and have them delivered to random houses. You can't do that anymore!

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member