Crapplebee's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

NO...did you? That's not fair, I want an invite! Is it for a free meal, or is it just a flyer advertising it? Don't like or dislike Applebees, haven't been there enough for an opinion. But at least it's another option.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

It's for 1/2 price, says a limited menu, proceeds benefit Johnston Health Foundation. Reservations only, have to present the card/flyer. :mrgreen:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wonder how they got our names on the list?

4. bandmom

I don't know either, but we were pleasantly surprised! :hurray:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too and thanks for reminding me, i need to call make those reservations:cheers:

6. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

This thread always makes me think of the movie Couple's Retreat :lol:

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will stick with the same 'cold food and poor service' business model as the ones in Garner and Smithfield.

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we like the one in FV

9. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

I work with this kind of stuff. they work with a compnay who will generate a list of people based on what the company is looking for. Location, household income, age, children, stuff like that. The company decides how many names it wants and purchases it. Just FYI~

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool thanks for the info:cheers:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

How many invite tickets did you get 2 or 4? :lol:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'll check it when i get home:cheers:

13. harleygirl

We'll probably have to go outside to smoke. :?

Oh well! :lol:

14. bandmom

Interesting since we fall into the no kids (at home), soon to be 50 and loss of income catagory. Maybe they felt sorry for us....lol. :mrgreen:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

see that is what i was thinking, we are the same general age group and no kids at home either - like i said many threads ago, restaurants make more money off couples without kids - they tend to go out more and spend more:cheers::cheers:

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

it might have been just location then. We've been looking into sending out "mass mailings" and hubby just picks a zip code or area and they all go out. We'd have no idea how much the household income is, or who lives there. Just a thought...

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

who knows, from what i understand there are a multitude of lists focusing on all demographics - who knows which one they chose - i will enjoy my half off food and drinks though (and there was no stipulation on the invite saying alcohol not included:lol:):cheers:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, made reservations for Sat nite tonite for 4:cheers: Even though the invitation only says two, they told me you can have a party of 4 for the same deal:hurray:

19. harleygirl

I'm READY! :lol:

Anyone else going tonight???

20. bandmom

We were there about 6pm. There were 4 of us and 3 out of the 4 entrees were just okay, most were over-cooked. The pomegranite margaritas were good though! :mrgreen: