A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm cooking again!!! :lol:

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I just made some cheesy onion soup that is better than Outbacks!!!!

3. harleygirl

:lol:

NOPE!

Chicken Pastry! 2 whole chickens are boiling now.
    NO, I didn't kill the chikens NOR roll out my own noodles. :mrgreen:

It's kinda weird, I CAN cook (shhhhhh), but don't really have the confidence to try new recipies. :? When you put a bunch of spices or sauces together who knows what it'll taste like. :ack: I'm smart enough to know, stick to the basics! :cheers:

Next week is vegetale beef soup, venison is the beef base. :mrgreen:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

lol, vegetale soup :mrgreen:
    Sunday I cooked a roast, carrots, onions, garden peas and mashed potatoes. I had enough left over to put it all in a pot with some tomato sauce, added a can of corn, beef stock (from roast) and made a delicous soup! Added some of the potatoes to thicken it, it is yummy!! :)

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok so here is my night, sitting here trying to figure out what is gonna be for dinner while i do laundry and now i know, running down the road for cheesy onion soup and around the corner for chicken pastry:lol::lol::lol:

6. harleygirl

Come on, I'm up!

BTW, call first so I can cut the light on outside. :lol:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They are going to go spelunking on me from both the north and south poles next month and I realize it is at least 24 hours of nothing but liquids.

I dread that more than the probe. And that says a lot since I am an Internal Auditor for an organization that repairs them.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The prep is the worst, the procedure is no big deal. Other than needing double the usual dose of anesthesia. I don't remember nuttin'! :jester:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! I have to warn the docs anytime I have anything done, I've woken up in the middle of surgery. NOT fun! That one didn't believe me, he admitted he was suprised after the procedure how much it took to get me out. :lol:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My thoughts are the same, but I keep thinking "have they adequately sterilized that thing????"

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Did you have to go there??? Eww! Don't even want to think about it!:ack:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Some things you don't want to cheap out on! :jester:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! Well, I bet the doc has a sense of humor, he'd have to in that line of work!!

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Guys I'm trying to catch up here but I have to come out and ask. Are you talking about a colonoscopy?
    My dad died of colon cancer at 78. Before he got sick he was healthy as a horse. Never sick - very fit. I so wish he had the tests.
    I've never had one but I promised myself I wouldn't let my kids go through that with me. Now I have to do my part and have the test.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, and it is my first. I had a cancer scare in my esophagus about 20 years ago and had that scoped pretty regularly (every 3 years) until my Doc told me I haven't done it since 2001. So now that I passed 50 I am going for both.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Good luck dude. Smart move getting it done.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, as stated, please take your own advise on that and get'r done!

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I know I need to. But I feel like the Doctor should pay me for doing it.

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

My truck had to be towed to a shop, my back is killing me and my dog is whacking the snot out of my leg with his tug of war rope. At least now I have a colonoscopy to look forward to in a few more years. Life is good.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's really no big deal. I was only 36 when I had mine. Luckily nothing major was found in my case. Scared me pretty bad at the time though, that is not a procedure you think you need at that age. Better safe than sorry.