Ray's Pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

FYI,
    There's a new pizza joint in town that delivers to Cleveland, or at least my end of it (South end of Barber Mill Rd).

Ray's Pizza is in the space next to the BP station at the corner of 42 and Barber Mill Road in Clayton. We ordered a x-large half pepperoni, half sausage and 10 wings (...is that a metric dozen??); the tab was $25 plus tip.

Delivery was quick and courteous, and they found us first time out. Pizza was good ol' pizza like you used to be able to get on any corner up North- nothin' fancy, just plain honest pizza.

The hot wings were above average, an honest representation of what chicken wings were before they became 'Buffalo Wings' and graduated from cheap bar food to the mainstream. Fried, not baked, despite what Domino's might try to sell ya. They sell 'em mild, hot, Jamaican jerk and teriyaki.

I'll give them another go- they did pretty good for a new place. Give 'em a try!

http://rayspizzanc.com*

*They're trying to do some unusual stuff on their website, like online ordering and a customer loyalty thing. I tried to register on the website but it wasn't working properly so I phoned it in.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I agree, that place is yummy!

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

OK, based on your recommendation, we tried them. Did the entire registration/log in, order on line. Supposed to get a free cheese Pizza for online registration/ordering. Added pepperoni (buck and a quarter) to that pizza.

All we can say is..

Thankya, thankya, thankya..Gomer

The free pep pizza was the BEST we've ever eaten. Generous portions of pepperonis, lots of cheese and piping hot...
    Delivery was fairly quick (we're in Jordan Ridge) and driver was pleasant. gave him a 5 spot to encourage similar behavior with what we believe will be frequent orders.

During online registration, I mentioned seeing their name here, and suggested they place an ad with Webbie.

4. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

:cheers: Glad you liked it too!

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

6. Cakedec

Cakedec Guest

Don't forget to order Zeppole from Ray's you will be hooked! Brings me back 30 years to Brother Brunos in Jersey. Thanks for adding them to your menu Ray!

For those who don't know, it is fried dough rolled in a 6x sugar with a touch of cinnamon. Best when hot out of the fryer.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will deliver down to south plantation. I tried a couple of times to get Papa Johns to deliver but they say they don't. Though I have see papa john's drivers on Polenta. What's another 3/4 of a mile.

8. Hatteras6

had we not gone to our friend's home for beer can chicken tonight, we were gonna call Rays for the pepperoni pizza....

Can't wait to try the zep...

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Beer can chicken. LOL I'll bet the guys did the cooking.

10. Hatteras6

Yep, the guys did the grillin'..but there was no beer...seriously, no beer in the can..instead it holds a special sauce and butter. The chicken was perfect. And the Duplin Carolina Red topped it off. Great dinner, great friends..it just doesn't get any better than this, does it?

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

THAAAAAAAAT"S RIGHT!!!! :)

12. Hatteras6

Thanks PRM and Satman...wish I could be blue fishing along Shackelford Banks this week, but not gonna happen.

We had another of Ray's pepperroni pizzas today. Arrived in 25 minutes, piping hot, and a free order of zappelone for ordering online. We like Ray's.

13. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Other than Lilly's, the freshly prepared Sam's Choice pizzas at Wal-Mart are the only ones we've eaten in a year. Excellent taste, tons of toppings, and almost half the price of anything you can order. A large (16") meat lover's pizza for roughly $11.00, and you can get a large pepperoni for around $9.00. Great product and a nice money saver.

P.S. I'm talking about the fresh pizzas that are located on the left as soon as you walk in the door on the grocery side, not the Great Value brand frozen pizzas.

14. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Just tried Ray's for the first time and give them a huge thumbs up! Ordered online and the hubs went to pick it up since we're just outside of the 5 mile delivery radius. He said it was ready when he got there and it was still piping hot by the time he walked in the door with it. We got the $5.99 cheese pizza for ordering online and added bacon to it. Got 10 "hot" wings and an order of the zeppoli or whatever that fried dough with sugar is:lol: Man, I could make a meal out of that stuff on its own!! Pizza was delicious and the wings were loaded with meat and tasty. We will be ordering again for sure and will ask them if they will consider delivering to Cleveland Rd. soon:p Thanks guys for the new recommendations:hurray:
    Oh and our total order for the pizza w/bacon topping, 10 wings and 10 fried dough balls was $17.49 and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow..not bad!

15. We had Ray's pizza last night for the first time. It was yummy! Our kids don't like pizza (i know - weird!) so we rarely get to eat it.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

Ok time to give them a shot next time... Love a good pizza...

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Another big thumbs up for Rays Pizza!!! After reading on here how good it was, DH & I decided to try them last night. Delivery was approx 25 minutes after the order was placed, pizza was steaming hot and very, very good!!

18. Hatteras6

Well, if we keep bragging about it, more folks will call them...delivery time slows....And we really like steaming hot pizza and great service.

SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :jester:

19. seabee

seabee Guest

hey,hey... :lol: haven't tried it yet but next time pizza is on menu it'll be there... :cheers:

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ray's Pizza is an advertiser on 4042.com now! :hurray:

I'll have to show them some love next time we order instead of Grand St Pizza.