Murphy Gas - 40-42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The new Murphy gas station on 42 in front of Wal-Mart will not accept Wal-Mart credit cards. The Murphy station in front of Wal-Mart in Clayton accepts Wal-Mart credit cards and you get the 3 cents per gallon discount. The cashier at 42 Murphy advised only the small Murphy gas stations accept Wal-Mart credit cards. I have used the Wally World credit cards at Murphy gas stations all over N.C. and S.C without a problem. Kind of strange policy. Oh well.

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's bizarre. We have used Walmart gift cards at Murphy gas stations all over the country, traveling in the motor home, we just kept reloading them. I don't see what the difference is between that and Walmart credit cards.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

On sort of a related note, the check in machines at the airport, the ones that use a credit card to identify you. Well the Delta machines will not recognize the new Delta credit-cards.

4. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Cool, Murphy finally opened?!

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Gas is $2.39 there this afternoon :) It's $2.54 @ Lowes Foods.

6. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Very nice!

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

According to www.raleighgasprices.com, Murphy is down to $2.33, and both Hess stations are matching it. Come on, price wars!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just got gas there an hour ago for $2.33. Made a trip I DIDN'T want to make almost worth it. :?

9. seabee

seabee Guest

will you be showing up on the Wal mart thread soon???

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not today! I did manage to get properly dressed, hair brushed, all naughty bits covered, LOL.

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Were you even allowed in the store, dressed like that? :mrgreen:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know! Shocking! :p

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Geez, i really need gas but afraid if i take the chance of driving all the way home to get that good price, i may end up running out:evil: hmmm, maybe i will stop somewhere up here and get $5 and then go there

14. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

2.53 for premium? =OOOO

sounds like i'll be filling up at half tank this week...