A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yay me! I just replaced my front porch light. It looks beautiful - and it works!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Today's are always the best day of my life... :cheers::cheers:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:ack::ack::ack:

Venison Tenderloins for dinner tonight. :mrgreen:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Johnston Area Gastroenterology To Hold Free Colon Cancer Screening

Dr. Chris Jordan, Gastroenterologist with Johnston Area Gastroenterology appeared Friday on WTSB Radio. Johnston Area Gastroenterology will hold a free Colon Cancer Screening Open House on Saturday, November 14th from 9:00am until 12 Noon. Dr. Jordan encourages listeners to call his office at 919-938-4404 to schedule a free screening.
    http://www.wtsbradio.com/

5. I read not too long ago that people tend to lose more weight in the cooler months than the warmer months. You would think because you sweat more in the summer and maybe are more active, that wouldn't be the case. It has something to do with your body trying to stay warm that burns calories. I think it might be true. I noticed over the summer I gained a few pounds. I haven't been working out lately but I noticed I've lost weight just in the last month. I'm thinking I believe this theory. Or maybe I've just been stressed out. :lol: Has this happened to anyone else? Do you lose weight in the winter?

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

bacon + chocolate chip cookies = spew. I like bacon but if its not in a salad, on a burger, sandwich by itself or with breakfast...forget it. On a side note, I did my first "ten miler" this morning. I know... a small achievement for many out there, but it is a pretty big one for me. Well, almost. I did nine on the bike and 1.5 on foot. Hopefully, by next week I'll do 10 on the bike in addition to the 1.5 on foot. (I do the extra 1.5 to stretch out a bit from the ride). I hope to keep adding on as much as I can handle. When my posts abruptly stop, I guess you guys will know I reached my limit. :jester:

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Looks like congeled bacon grease to me.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Last October, I began losing weight and dropped about 20 pounds into November with light exercise (lots of walking) and a slightly more strict diet that cut calories. It leveled off up until about April and then I lost another 10 pounds or so. Since taking up cycling, I only dropped about 5 extra pounds but my stamina has dramatically improved. During the summer, I also noted no significant loss.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

NO...

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Congrats to you on all of your accomplishments! :hurray:

11. Wow... after reading this and your 10 mile accomplishment, I suddendly feel real inactive and lazy. I think I need to start going back to the gym. :lol: I have been busy with school, but I could make time to exercise.

12. I should have asked everyone but YOU, man of few words. :jester:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yea you:hurray::hurray::hurray::cheers:

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Thanks, bandmom. My reward so far has been a significant drop in my cholesterol and blood pressure. I was heading toward borderline hypertension. Now, my blood pressure just yesterday was 115 over 68, which seems to me to be pretty good.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

next time stipulate leaving me out of it..:boxing: :jester:. for the record... I neither gain or lose weight...locked on one weight give or take a lb or 2... :cheers::cheers:

happy now crazy lady... :lol::lol::lol:

16. It's a maple cinnamon glaze. That's even more disturbing.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

If they had stopped at the maple cinnamon glaze, it would have been perhaps palatable for me. Obviously, the bacon could be left off the recipe. I know something that would be good to replace it with; a slice of a slightly tart apple. That way, you're at least getting the benefit of something that's good for you with the sweet treat.

18. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Just because you're on the highway and no one is in front of you in your lane does not mean it's ok to run your high beams with oncoming traffic in the other lane, you gd moron.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

20. Oops...my bad. :jester: