A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I was curious about the statute on dimming your high beams, so I looked it up. Maximum ten dollar fine.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If someone dies as a result of some idiots High Beams, I think a lifetime of guilt would keep most people in line, unfortunately not everyone has a conscious.

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

On a related topic... i'm about sick of getting blinded because you think my headlights are too bright.

They're called HIDs. if there's a bluish or purplish tint to the lights thats probably just how bright they always are. (most cars don't use HIDs as high beams because they take too long to heat up [>1 minute] making them unusable for flashing)

Stop blinding me, it makes me unhappy. It also makes me more likely to show you my actual high beams. Thanks. =D

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Stay home until I get where I'm going in my old jalopy and with the regular lights. Problem solved.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

<<<<<< :twisted:

Oh, it's ON!

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it has to do with older folks who are having difficulties. My folks who are 65+ have a car that the headlights are already rather dim. I think they actually burn their highbeams thinking they are on low because they can see better. I've said something to them a few times, but they always seem to fail to notice the low profile high beam indicator. Really there should be a standardized, regulated headlight brightness and better development of lamps to assist in aiming the lights better. As for HID...I feel that the age factor comes into play again.

Really there are a lot of problems to address with headlights. Another that I mentioned awhile back is DRLs (Daytime Running Lights). I followed a car the other night down I-40 with absolutely no taillights on at all. When I passed, I noticed no corner lights on either and dim-looking headlights. The lady was driving with her DRLs on and nothing else. Lots of GM owners fail to turn their headlights on during heavy rain storms. While their lights are on in the front, they are hard to see during heavy rain and of course, from the rear they are nearly invisible without taillights.

If it were me doing the designing and regulating, all cars should be absent of DRLs, and have HIDs. They should have strobing hazards/turn signals, bright LED taillights/brake lights and flashing high center-mount brake lights.

7. nevilock

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

In the future there will be ice cream called Dippin Dots. I'm not sure when, but the sign says they will be the ice cream of the future. Apparently they are taking orders now - there is a kiosk at the mall. I hope they come in my lifetime cause they look really good.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

10. nevilock

This would be hell on a boss though. Now all those things that the employees say under their breath are being heard by the other employees.

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

12. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Hello from Wisconsin!!!!!:cheers:

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hope your ready for snow! Was up in Manatowac a couple weeks ago and it was still beautiful!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Hey ShrtnSwt!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You knee deep in snow yet?

16. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Off to do my civil duties...:ack:

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I need texts to keep me busy today while I wait in the jury room.

any takers? :mrgreen:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

we didn't need to know your bathroom use schedule... :ack::ack::jester:

19. seabee

seabee Guest

oh my bad... other civil duties. :lol::lol:

20. The bathroom is my sanctuary. :jester: