Cheaper Gas Price Today at Hess or is it a Mistake????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HomeGirl, Nov 13, 2009.

1. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Both Hess gas stations at 40/42 (near Cracker Barrel) have gas posted at $2.28.... others around $2.50! Is this true????

If so, let me fill my tank.... even though I hate to think $2.28 is a "deal".8)

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Its cheaper than milk... was last week :jester:

there.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
  3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Milk is $1.99 a gallon this week at Lowe's Foods. :jester::jester::jester:

4. seabee

seabee Guest

go figure... I don't think I like you anymore... :jester::jester::jester:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

sure is!! got me 3 yesterday!! :cheers:

6. seabee

seabee Guest

same thing to you too... :x :jester::jester::jester:

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:p

8. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Yep...they are trying to stay in the game now that Murphy USA has opened.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Well shoot, I just came by there and didn't even look! I should have stopped and filled up. Oh well, I'll be going back to Lowe's again soon for whatever I forgot this trip, or didn't know I needed 'til I got that far. ;)

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I was at Hess the other night when they dropped the price to 2.31, after Murphy did it. No doubt, it's a small price war. Better enjoy it while you can.

11. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Yep, both Hess' are $2.28 but the Murphy Express is $2.26

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang, that might be worth a commute to fill up. I got buns for bar-b-q sandwiches for dinner earlier, but forgot to get cabbage for slaw and I could check another grocery store for hazelnut extract... and I could drop of that redbox movie that I forgot too...

See how I rationalize? :)

13. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Damn it was $2.33 when I filled up this AM. Funny how the ones on the Food Lion/McD's side are still over $2.55 and cross 40 a short way down 42 and its $2.28.

14. seabee

seabee Guest

those on the other side always have and probably always will be that way... they still get people pumping though...

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't filled up on this side of 40 in years. Except at Lowe's Foods.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers:

17. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

rationalizing too!! Did not work!

Yes, I went to Murphy to fill up with gas this morning!! It was 2.28

We went to the pancake breakfast for my son's boy scouts, got gas and went to return the redbox movies.....failure...the red box machine had a broken sign on it!! Guess I will have to suck it up and pay for another nights rent. Not making a special trip to save a buck!!

I hope the gas wars continue. I work in North Raleigh and live in Benson. Gas is a lot higher on Wake Forest Road than around 40/42 now. YIPEE!!!!

18. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

If you contact RedBox to tell them that you attempted to return it, but could not because the machine was broken, they will no doubt waive a late fee. Probably send you a code for a free rental, too, for your troubles. One of the movies I rented was unplayable, and I called them. They instructed me on what to do, and apologized like crazy, sending me a promo code to compensate. Very easy to work with them!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think you can drop them at *any* redbox - at least I do :)

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Was 2.68 per gallon in Hertford, on the way back from the OBX. 40 cents per gallon @ 55 gallions..22 bucks, event though the RV was running on fumes....