Kids lack clothes, books, medicine because Cleveland charity lacks volunteers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ron Still, Nov 6, 2009.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I meant for the turkey shoot. Yes, I know Ron is always needing help over there, we should make it a regular event. I agree, the cookies were, ummm, interesting..........:lol:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep the cookies were, ummmm, interesting and i loved the health quiz we had to answer first before tasting:lol::lol::lol:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

#1 How much bacon have you eaten in the past year?
    #2 Are you on the verge of a heart attack?
    #3 Did you want to fit into those pants tomorrow?

Yes, interesting is the description I would use as well. I have only had one, and that was the night I made them. I *finally* got the smell of bacon and maple out of my house. I still have some cookies left, even after I pawned some off on Jen's family on the way home. I have found, that men like them better than women do.

We made a good dent in reorganizing some racks at Ron's to make them more shopper friendly. There is still much to be done. We will plan another one. :)

4. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. NEW project below:

Some one volunteered to make signs for each rack, but I think that must have been about 6 months to a year ago. I think we will use 7"x11" in landscape mode and may have to buy more sign holders. They seem to disappear just like our new library sign holders. Someone thinks we are tourist attraction since they disappeared within 1 week of our putting them up. How do you spell souvenier?

NEW PROJECT: We do need someone to:
    select the hard cover mystery books - those very clearly defined by title and awards or labels,
    type a shelf label like MYS and Christie
    stick the shelf label on the book cover with the mystery genre label
    tape over the two labels
    stick the book in thebookmobile in the mystery section in alphabetical order by author's last name and then by book title

We may have found about 1,500 of them already.

Less defined books will require computer lookup from other libraries to verify genre.

General Fiction can also be done after lookup.