Need glasses ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Nov 16, 2009.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Does anyone know a local (Garner) place that sells eyeglasses where I can get them quick? My dog ate mine last night and we're going out of town this weekend for the holiday and I really need to get them fast!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

where is the ad for a free dog... :jester::jester:

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Trust me, if it were up to me we wouldn't have a puppy! But he's a good dog, just chewing everything right now. I can actually still wear them (thank God) but there are teeth marks in the glass. :lol: Funny thing is, I was going to get new glasses anyway, but this just puts a rush on it!

4. seabee

seabee Guest

Lenscrafters I think are usually the quickest... not sure though.

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We use Garner Family Eye care.... but they are a bit pricey. (but we like them!)

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's my eye dr as well. I was just there a couple weeks ago to get my exam and prescription, but theirs were $150 for the ones I could have gotten - too much! And I know they are about a week out, I need something faster.

I didn't see a Lenscrafters around here, and I'm in a hurry this morning...Thinking about Walmart, BJ's or Sears over by Kroger. Any suggestions?

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

my bet would be a trip to the mall for lenscrafters.... 1/2 hour away, but fast service. Sorry. I don't know any faster folks in Garner.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

How fast can you get them at Lenscrafters and how are their prices? If I can't find anything this morning maybe I'll try the mall this afternoon.

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Literally within the hour!! The guarantee less than an hour. Just go armed with your prescription, sign in, pick out the frames and get fitted. Do a bit of shopping and go back in an hour to pick them up.

We have gotten many a back up/emergency pair there! LOL (Kids and glasses, you can imagine!)

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

He really made a spectacle of himself.

11. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

I try to order a spare pair from www.zennioptical.com, when I can. Usually less than $20.00 per pair, including shipping and then I have an extra set for the kids. Especially for those who lose them or break them on the playground.:hurray:

Will not help the instant need, since it usually takes about 2 weeks, but nice to know it is inexpensive.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Wow, 12 weeks? It's still nice to know, since my 9 yo son is going to be needing some soon. I thought about ordering once from them, but didn't really understand how to do it online. How do you know they'll fit your face?

And it sounds like Lenscrafters is going to be the place, I hope they're not too expensive. Maybe they have coupons online someplace?

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

They used to have coupons in the paper every week. It's like Sears, I wouldn't buy there without a coupon or a sale.

14. Betty Crocker Mom

So sorry, should have reread it 2 weeks, not 12...

Also, while you are getting your prescription from the eye doctor ask them to measure the PPD, the distance from pupil to pupil, you will need that number. Then when you order just put in the numbers and there you go...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  15. Betty Crocker Mom

I think they may give a AAA or military discount. Worth asking...

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Well I have looked all over and no lenscrafters coupons anywhere. But the website says they give a 30% discount for AAA which I have, so I'll take it!! If they seem really high there's a place called visionworks in Raleigh that has a sale and does them in an hour, but since I've never heard of them and I hate driving up to Glenwood, I'm gonna stick with lenscrafters for now. Wish me luck, off I go!

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Another vote for zennioptical! I love them!

18. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Just another reason I use Zenni Optical... I can get 2 pair for under 40 bucks. Good to have for them type of thangs. Just an FYI in case your dog gets hungry again.

19. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Dang... I'm always late chiming in. Should have read the second page of this thread.

Carry On

20. Betty Crocker Mom

DMJ, did I miss you I found a coupon for 50% off at http://www.lenscrafters.com/wcsstor...C/ClearanceCoupon/COUPON_US.html?cid=GL000000

I hope I caught you.