honey baked ham

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Nov 18, 2009.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've been asked to provide a ham for T'giving day. Anyone have experience w/ places other than Honey Baked Ham co? are there any local places?

2. cece

cece Well-Known Member

What about Lowe's Foods?

I think most grocery stores do ham and turkey during the holidays...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

The closest Honey Baked Ham Co that I know of is the one at Crossroads in Cary. Honeybaked Ham Company - www.honeybakedham.com
    423 Crossroads Blvd, Cary - (919) 854-1222

We've always enjoyed their ham, my mom used to order it when cooking the turkey got to be too much for her. Make sure you call now to order though, you have to order in advance I think.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

GIRL! Go up to LF or FL and get one.

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I agree too, the spiral cut honey baked hams at Lowes Foods are just as good.

:iagree:

6. bandmom

are y'all talking about ones you buy in their packaged meat dept (like a Smithfield brand in the red wrapper) or does the deli have them too? I have tried the Smithfield ones and they're pretty good.

but I did find a $10 off coupon for the honey baked ham store..... so I'll have to check prices I guess.

coupon in case someone else wants one!
    http://www.thefrugalgirls.com/2009/10/honey-baked-ham-coupon-10-off.html

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

nothing beats Honey Baked Ham, IMO. Yes, the Lowe's ones are good. But there is no comparison. period.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the ones I'm talking about.

When them suckers go on SALE, I'mma get a FEW! :hurray:

9. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Lowe's Foods will prepare them for you during the holiday's. I assumed since you were interested in Honey Baked Ham you were looking to already have it prepared.

Most grocery stores do this during the holiday's.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

BJ's has a good spiral cut ham with the honey glaze too, I've gotten them there before. I do have to agree with the HoneyBaked Ham though, it is the best, I can't always justify spending that much on a ham though. I think they are $6/lb ?

11. bandmom

thats about right, but I can save $10 off the total, so that makes it about $5/lb - I'll have to check BJs too I guess.

12. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I've been volunteered to fix and host the whole dinner. I don't know where to begin. I'm stressing.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You haven't had my Grandmother's ham. :jester:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

I will tell you where.... breathe deep and relax,, stressing won't help... draw up your game plan and what you'll be serving and go from there... you won't lack any advice and guidance here...

Now you can order up your whole meal and all at a store and go that route....:cheers::cheers:

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We always have someone bring a dish, makes it alot easier on the hostess. This year, we are doing it at my house. My MIL is in charge of bringing the turkey (she does it better than me), mashed potates and dressing. Craigs grandmother is bringing her wonderful broccoli casserole. Craigs aunt is in charge of sweet tea, dinner rolls and a dessert. That leaves me to get a ham, make my family recipe for a green bean dish that they love, i might attempt corn pudding, and maybe another dessert dish. Then it doesn't seem so overwhelming.