A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good Morning Schmoopies! :grouphug:

2. Rant ahead - I stayed up very late watching the CMAs (yes - recorded from LAST Wednesday :lol:) I never get to watch TV anymore. I loved Reba, Martina and Sugarland. I have concluded that Taylor Swift is a sweet girl, but not in the league of the great country stars. I'm an old school country fan, and I was not understanding what's considered country these days. I mean, Hootie without his Blowfish is a country singer?! Dave Matthews singing with Kenny Chesney?! What's that all about? And please, when will Kenny Chesney stop getting nominated?! Give some other guys a chance! Ok - I feel better now.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why do folks think you can call and have someone come out to fix your crap and then NOT pay for it?? HELLO!!!! People can't work for freaking free!! You would NOT believe the fax I just got. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

4. harleygirl

I know EXACTLY what you mean. :boxing:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I never cease to be amazed. :evil:

6. seabee

seabee Guest

well if ya'll would do it right the first time... just saying. :jester:

7. harleygirl

:boxing::boxing::boxing: :mrgreen:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

WHAT the... ????

[​IMG]

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

10. harleygirl

Oh my. :ack::ack::ack:

11. Cleopatra

I that is seabee in the upper left hand corner. lol

12. My hubby deals with this all the time in the tree business. He'll spend all day climbing, cutting, chipping limbs, cleaning up the mess and then the customer says, "oh, I don't have my checkbook with me." Many times, they don't pay until he has to call about 3 or 4 times. I don't think they realize he has to pay his help, pay our bills, and put food on our table. :banghead:

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Rich's family Christmas portrait? Ha

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, people just suck! If I call any sort of service provider out to my house, I am prepared to PAY them when they get done. The cow giving the milk of human kindness is about dry around here, let me tell you. :boxing:

15. seabee

seabee Guest

I guess that is better than one of the two up front... :jester:

16. Cleopatra

And they're at home? Where could their checkbook be? lol

Too bad he can't put the tree back together. I'd dump the mess in their front yard until they paid.

17. He's considered that before! :lol: My brother, who also does tree work, has gone that route before. He's done some really crazy stuff. My husband's more civil - thank God. We'd have a lot of enemies if weren't! As far as the checkbook excuse, you wouldn't believe the excuses people come up with. One guy said that he couldn't pay because his wife was out of town and she had the checkbook. I guess he doesn't have an ATM card? :lol:

18. nsanemom22

Why can't I copy and paste from wral any more?

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

must just be you? I had no problem doing it just now. :mrgreen:

20. nsanemom22

prolly my new "vista premium" ... windows ..:ack: