This Just Keeps Getting Worse

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Amen

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this story is just heart wrenching, from every angle. I just cannot imagine a child being in that environment, I can't imagine putting a cigarette out on a babies arm, I don't know why they insist on reproducing, and most of all, why in the name of God does her family keep saying "she is a good mother" "she loves those children"?.....I swear if I read that one more time....WTH is wrong with these people???? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This is the most judgmental, ****tiest comment I have read on 4042 in a long time.

So, in essence - you are saying he somehow deserved this?

5. seabee

seabee Guest

well in listening to this guys friends and his other daughter he does need to do something.... I felt bad for the guy initially. but now see a different side of it and this should've never of happened and it is on him that he placed this lil girl in her care when he had other options [better I might add] in front of him. He's a trainwreck for sure.

6. Cleopatra

Links seabee? I have only read where he had 6 kids by 3 women, and had been in custody/support disputes. It's not ideal - but it is what it is. It appeared to me that he had a nice home and was providing for his children. I am sure he will blame himself for the rest of his life for what happened - he doesn't need any help with that.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Links???? I don't have them but they're out there,I saw this morning his friends who have taken care of his other daughter and they all talked about him including his own daughter and they clearly laid the blame on him because he was aware of this women and her drug issues, there were two that wanted to take care of that lil girl but he refused both and instead sent her to her demise knowing the risks... the more that comes out the worse he looks himself... his own daughter claimed he doesn't take care of all his other kids as he should... I may have still been half a sleep but saw enough to have a different take on this guy. I'm all about the benefit of the doubt if its deserving... I have my serious doubts here...

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Ouch. You are a little prickly, lol!

No, I am not saying anyone "deserves" to have their loved ones killed, good gosh. I am just saying that sometimes people make really poor choices, in the people they choose to befriend, in business transactions, in the people they invite into their homes for whatever reason, in their priorities, and that if it were me, I would be scared to death that this would happen to someone I loved AGAIN, because this was the second time, and I would definitely be scrutinizing my life and my choices and trying to make some changes because at least one of the things that the two people killed had in common would be me.

9. Cleopatra

That may all be true, but I still don't think that makes somebody "deserves" something like this. So God used innocent people to punish someone? OK.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

"According to court records, Lockhart has five other children with three women. He has had custody and child support disputes involving several of the children, but there was no record of any disputes involving Shaniya or Antoinette Davis."

^^From WRAL this morning.

Certainly this guy doesn't "deserve" what is happening, but as DH said last night, he needs to learn to wrap it up or put it up and quit breeding. Sadly, it is this little girl that suffered for his bad judgement.

11. Cleopatra

I see you what you are saying, you would be hyper-sensitive and hyper-protective of your loved ones and yourself. Me too. In his associations, you are talking cause & effect - lay with dogs and wake up with fleas?

12. pocahontas

You have completely ignored what I wrote, and now you are putting words in my mouth. Especially this: "So God used innocent people to punish someone? " I have no idea how you deduced this. It feels like you just want to fight with someone. I am not interested. We have obviously both come to different conclusions.

13. Cleopatra

We cross-posted, I was responding to seabee. :)

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Well I guess you can look at it like a drunk driver say multiple offender drives while drunk and kills a family... due to his stupid decision in life I think he deserves the guilt he has to live with because those killed certainly don't...

I'm not sure how to look at God in this... other than he now has the lil Girl with him...

15. pocahontas

This is probably closer to what I was trying to say. Yes I would be absolutely terrified that more bad would befall the ones I loved, and would be doing anything I could to try to get my ducks in a row. It looks to me, from what I have read, like he let his ducks get a little out of line in the past.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

true... 8)

17. Cleopatra

You and me both.

18. Cleopatra

Did the multiple offender drunk driver kill his own family or somebody else's?

19. seabee

seabee Guest

should there be a difference of a life.... not in Gods eyes.

20. Cleopatra

I'm agreeing with pocahontas here, I don't think it was something that was deserved but something that could have been avoided.

No, there is no difference in God's eyes - but in man's there might be.