NC State: not students, not athletes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NY9, Nov 19, 2009.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Those numbers are from '99-'02....when NCSU had a ridiculous number of transfers out of the basketball program....which is hardly a reflection of the academic progress.

Fast forward to this...

http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9200&ATCLID=3734489

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  3. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

NC State is the ECU of the ACC.

Except ECU can actually win their conference.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

nope

next?

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

From what I got out of the article, '99 - '02 they were 9th out of 12. New info from '04 - '08 they are still in the bottom half of the ACC academically.
    I'm just praying my daughter doesn't decide to go there.

6. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Apparently I wasnt doing ECU justice....

7. I guess I should be offended because I graduated from NC State and I'm pursuing a second degree at ECU. :lol: I'm proud of these schools. Some people just want to complain. I'd rather be a wolf or a pirate anyday than an old fart from NY.

And yes, for any smartbutt that wants to comment on my avatar, I am a Duke basketball fan. I have been since I was a little girl. Duke was my first love.

8. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Six of the 12 teams in the ACC rank in the top 35 nationally which doesn't mean the other 6 are crap. I read something recently that said NCSU would rank 3rd in the SEC and 4th in the Big 12.

If you think ECU is anywhere close to being on the same level as NCSU then you need your head examined. ECU has a nice med school but it's filled with kids that couldn't get into Wake,UNC or Duke's med program....not their undergraduates.....trust me.

9. Tangerine

Can I ask what you went to school for? My daughter is looking around not for her Master's program. You could PM me if you would like.

10. Tangerine

I didn't say anything about ECU being better, not sure where you got that from. I agree ECU is filled with kids that couldn't get in anywhere else. Their admissions requirements are not as tough.

11. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I heard the badmitton class is pretty difficult. They give you 3 credits for gym class, right?

12. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

NCSU is a good science, math, engineering and accounting school. If she wants a liberal arts degree, law, or med then NCSU isn't for her since they aren't offered.

Most of you knuckledragging mouthbreathers on here wouldn't be allowed to clean the restrooms at NCSU much less get accepted so keep praying your kids go somewhere else. Chances are it won't be an issue.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You aren't the only other person posting in this thread. The second part was directed to IQ9 since he brought up EZU.

14. Tangerine

She will be going for her Masters in Accounting. That is why NCSU is on her list. I'm not a state fan but I can suck it up for my child. And stop calling me names and don't be talking junk about my child. If all NCSU graduates have an attitude like yours she won't be going there.

15. Here's my story in a nutshell if helps :lol::
    Are you talking about State or ECU? I went to State right after high school and majored in business management. I really don't know why I chose that major. Deep down, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. At the time, NC State didn't have an elementary education program. I just wanted to hurry up and get out of college. I had a few good jobs, but my heart wasn't in business. After I became a full time mommy, I kept thinking about teaching, and so many people recommended ECU's teacher ed program. For one thing, I can take my classes online. Let me tell you, I have been working my butt off. They have high expectations for future teachers. We have to spend a lot of time in the classroom as well as do all the course work. I don't know about ECU's other programs. All I know is the teaching program. I used to hate ECU too but I see it in a whole new light now. I am glad that they expect a lot from future teachers, but I'm only halfway through the 30 some hours of education courses required. That doesn't include a full year of student teaching also required. At least I will feel well-prepared.

16. Tangerine

no, but you quoted me when you said that.

17. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

:iagree: with all of it......GO DEVILS!!

18. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

NC States acceptance rate is 60%, the majority of students that apply their get in.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

This from someone that wrote "I'm praying my kid won't go there." :roll:

If she has your attitude you better send her somewhere else.

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

How many apply vs the other schools in the area?

Keep digging IQ9.....you might get something newsworthy one day.