NC State: not students, not athletes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NY9, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Whoops! I read this after I posted my story. :lol: Sorry! Teacher ed won't help your daughter. Maybe you could look up State's website and get info on the masters program in accounting.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I don't want her to go there but that is her decision not mine. And for the record, she was accepted into Wake right out of high school and I don't mean Wake Tech.

4. Here's the thing, if you're doing what you love, who cares where you went to school! My dream is coming true because I'm on my way to being a teacher! Once I'm teaching, who cares what school I went to. My husband never went to college. He joined the Marines after high school. Now he has a successful business that he LOVES!!!

I'd rather be at ECU happy than anywhere else wondering what will make me happy.

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I have heard ECU has a good teaching program. She has checked out State for her masters and other schools too. She graduates in a year so we've got to get busy.

6. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

lol it's easier to get in than to stay in. believe me they will kick your butt out if you start slacking.

And what's so bad about accepting most applicants? That means they actually have sufficient money and resources!

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Can someone that went to NCSU tell me how many credit hours are given for gym class?

8. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

sorry, but I didnt say anything about it being bad, stop assuming. I was responding to a comment that its a difficult school to get accepted at, yet the majority of applicants are accepted.

9. I can't remember.

Speaking of gym class, the year after I graduated they made PE 100 no longer mandatory. You could take powerwalking instead. I suffered through that PE 100 class running around that darn track. I was so out of shape!

The best PE class I ever took was Archery because I didn't have to dress out for that one and no sweating was involved. :lol:

10. turtlepits

heres how you figure that out..... hold up you left hand.... hold down the pinky finger, then hold down your thumb, then put your ring finger down, then finally put down your index finger. That leaves you with your answer............... thanks and have a great day!

11. :shock: :lol::lol::lol: too funny!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  12. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Wendell not have its own message board?

13. turtlepits

You tried it didn't ya! blah hahahahahaha!

14. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

no, why would I look for or post on a communities/areas message board if I dont live there and therefore the isssues discussed dont concern me.

15. turtlepits

you are SPECIAL...... traveling by horse and buggy does take me days to get there.......

Oh yeah, and I'm the ONLY one that post here that doesn't live there...
    thanks for shopping

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009

16. :lol:

17. turtlepits

:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Leave it up to IQ to misspell a post bashing an academic institution.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Where did she go?

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

ECU does have a good teaching program. In fact, it used to be known as East Carolina Teachers College (ECTC).