Please utilize Snopes or another credible source....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Have received another "feel good" BS story concerning the ACLU targeting religion EXCEPT that the story is FALSE!

Folks, I realize it's tempting and easy to demonize those who take an unpopular stance. And it's easy to get caught up in the upswelling of something that appears, on the surface, to expose someone trying to damage things we hold near and dear to hear.

Yet, when the facts are easily discoverable, it makes no sense not to verify.

I've gotten three of these "easily verified as False" emails in two weeks. I have emailed the person who sent them to me, a long time friend, asking them to remove me from their email list, because I had replied each time with a proof source that showed the original to be untrue, and pleading with this person to "trust, but verify", before sending it on. Yet, for whatever reason, the fabrications continued.

Although not a spokesperson for ACLU, I am a member because they exist only to protect the civil rights as espoused in the Bill of Rights FOR ALL, not just the majority or the popular view.

I am asking, before you forward a salacious story, do me (and your personal credibility) a favor and verify the story. Many outlets can assist, particularly Snopes.com

OK..rant off....

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You should see some of the ones I get......hilarious stuff at times.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yeah, we've seen some of the crap you post here.........hilarious stuff at times.

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Go to hell commie.

5. KDsGrandma

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

:lol:

7. I love the wulf and grandma fights :boxing: :lol::lol::lol:

8. seabee

seabee Guest

ACLU still sucks... 8)8)

9. seabee

seabee Guest

:lol::lol:

10. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I always make sure to "reply to all"..Strangely enough, I have NEVER received a "thanks for correcting my ignorance" response.

I especially love when people in my own family or networking group send me anti-immigration emails with false information when they know it's subject I care alot about..

11. KDsGrandma

I'm always tempted to hit "reply to all" but I usually don't because I don't want to embarrass the person who sent it to me, so I just send them the correction. Then of course it bothers me that all the other people they sent it to haven't seen the correction. Maybe I will start doing that.