Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm just looking for a place to lay my head, would they have room for a party of five? I'm looking to get out as cheap as possible - five peeps packed in one room. I imagine we will be exhausted.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I haven't done it at an NC resort, Ski Liberty in in PA. But the way it worked is that we bought a 2 hour pass. When we got cold we went in the lodge and sat by the fire, had hot cocoa and dried off. Two hours was plenty in that cold. Since the runs are the same after 8 or 10 times down you're ready to do something else. I think it was about $20 per person.

Skiing is a different story, longer sessions, takes longer to learn and costs more. Snowmobiling is my thing. I do it for a week each year.

3. Cleopatra

With the ages in my group, and wanting to do something as a family - I think snowtubing is the way to go. I'm sure my 15YO would like to ski - but 80.00 for one person for ski rental/lift pass/lesson.. HAHAHAHAHHA. Yeah right. Then we can go to the Super 8 and swim in their pool - unless it is yucky.

4. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey West Virginny is a good place to head also.. not to much farther than Boone and more of a chance of the real stuff and yeah the lodge is always good to warm up and regroup get yourself some hot buttered rum...:cheers: MMMMmmmm good...
    get to browsing because each place differs in their rates and how long... also doing it late afternoon into evening is cool... being under the big lights... some offer a half day rate where as some do like 2 hr rates... Ive been looking into it... would like to time it where its actually snowing out, and yes some clothing and boots make it more enjoyable for sure.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

try checking ebay and thrift shops for snow pants or bibs, it will make things much easier than having to deal w/ wet clothes.

have u checked vrbo.com? I got an email last week about winter specials.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  6. Cleopatra

Nope, bandmom I haven't gotten that far yet. lol

7. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Stayed there for my birthday in October, LOVED IT!!!!