NC State: not students, not athletes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NY9, Nov 19, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you damn skippy.....I told mine, even Carolina and ECU would be acceptable....just go to COLLEGE. :cheers:

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

This is why I told my daughter I would live with it if she went to State. I'm not being a mean mom. Where ever she goes for her Master's I will be proud.

3. Yes, I even went as far as to say if one of my girls goes to Carolina, I MIGHT become a Carolina fan. That's a big, big deal. :lol:

I should have high hopes that they might go to Duke... on a scholarship. Off the subject a little, but I had a neighbor who homeschooled her kids up until 10th grade. Her oldest son then went to public high school and graduated as the valadictorian (spelled wrong I sure) and got a full academic scholarship to Duke. I thought that was awesome. Home schooling is no joke if it's done right.

4. KellBell

Now don't go getting all crazy there....I will never become a Carolina Fan. NEVVA!!! :ack: But, if my kids go to college there, I will pay the bills and be proud.

My nephew actually turned down Duke and went to ECU. He is in Grad School now, down in Florida. At the time, it was hard to swallow. But now, we're all just too proud of him. Doesn't matter where he got the degree's from.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Man, there are some pretty big egos wrapped up in college "brands" aren't there?? Glad some of you are not so shallow. :cheers:

I don't much care where DS goes either, heck, community college would be a good start. There are a whole lot of people out there with great jobs that didn't go to some big name school. It's what you do with that education that counts, not a "my school is better than your school" snob attitude. :?

6. KellBell

for the record the "hard to swallow" (for my previous post) part was merely because my BIL works at Duke and my nephew coulda got a discount. :mrgreen: No loyalties or ego's. As I said, I don't care where mine go, long as they go. :cheers:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You KNOW I wasn't talking about you, LOL. :cheers:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Truth be told, homeschooled kids are sought after by colleges. They are more mature, responsible, and have better study habits. And they're smarter. :)

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

My family is full of Wolfpackers. My sister got a partial academic scholarship to UNC but my old man told her he wasn't paying the other half to that commie institution.

She went to App St instead.

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You ain't the boss of me.

:lol:

11. KellBell

I had to make sure....y'all skeer me. 8)

12. Cleopatra

Hey, check your PMs. Please? lol

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Now you scared him...:cheers:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

KB, make a wish before you post again!!!!

11111 :lol:

16. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

well excuse me y'all for stating my opinion. i'm not a state fan and prefer my child goes somewhere else, but that's her decision not mine. doesn't make me a snob.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I weren't calling you a snob either, LOL. I'm talking NY9 and Wolf if I have to spell it out. :lol:

18. Cleopatra

19. KellBell

:mrgreen:

I did!

20. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Thats pretty good.