NC State: not students, not athletes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NY9, Nov 19, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey that wish won't come true.... I'm spoken for around here. :twisted::jester:

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

no spell check, so sorry. i did not go to State

3. markfnc

A lot of Equipment operators can solve "field problems" a lot better than engineers working on paper in an office miles from a project site.

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I'm with the others.......

I'm a Duke fan, always have been. But if either one of my sons want to go to State, ECU, or even Carolina (which I hate with a passion), they will have my support 100%!

5. markfnc

A college education will get you more opportunities whether you go to NCSU /UNC /Duke or Wake Tech. Once you are a few years into your career where you went to college does not matter, as you have to prove yourself in the work force. Once you are out and have a job even ther old GPA does not matter any longer.

In HS you need to decide what you want to do, see which schools specialize in that field and choose based on that. If you have the money or scholorship then you can add the private schools to the mix.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

^^ I agree and that is the part of my post that got overlooked. Honestly, a few years down the road, where you went to school doesn't mean a whole lot, it's whether you can deliver on it that does. I really feel sorry for folks that get so wrapped up in where they went to school, because in the end, it might open a door for you, but you better hope you can live up to those expectations. Unfortunatley, I've known a whole lot of college graduates that don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

true, but crazy mom will probably barter. :mrgreen:

8. seabee

seabee Guest

What???? you trying to cause trouble or proof my lack of worth??? :jester:

9. :lol: I love my seabee

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

both. :p

11. seabee

seabee Guest