Dressing Recipe

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

This will be my first Thanksgiving making our family's dressing and I never got the recipe written down.

I am looking for a cornbread dressing with chestnuts recipe, please. We are going to experiment early with it so I need a recipe as soon as possible.

Thanks so much,
    Sherry

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I have a good one at home but no chestnuts, I will post it later just incase, you may could add them to it..

3. Sherry A.

Thanks so much. I believe my mother just added the chestnuts to her dressing, as well. I should have gotten the recipe for many things from her a while back. I suggest everyone do that because one never knows what will happen.

Will check back later tonight or tomorrow for your recipe and thanks so much.

Sherry

4. sassymom

1 lb corn bread stuffing
    1 lb herb stuffing
    1 can of cream of chicken
    4 eggs
    1 qt of chicken broth
    1 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 cup of chopped celery
    1 medium onion chopped
    2 stick of margerine
    dash of salt and pepper (to taste)

350 for 30-45 minutes

soften the onions and celery before you mix together in just a little water..

use a large pan to spread on and this makes a huge batch you can cut everything in half if you dont need that much!

5. Sherry A.

Thank you so very much. I will try the recipe out to make sure I don't spoil the meal on Thanksgiving.

Sherry

6. sassymom

BTW if you do not want to use corn bread stuffing you can substitute 1 lb of saltine crackers...

7. Sherry A.

No, I'll stick with the cornbread as that is what we are used to. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

Thanks,
    Sherry

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Sounds VERY similar to my momma's dressing! It is sooo good, can't wait to have some this year when I go home for Christmas!!

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty easy.
    Get up, go outside and comment how much nicer the weather here is than anywhere else in the world on Thanksgiving Day, watch football until that pump thing blows out of the turkey. Inside it you will find really good stuffing. Eat until over full. Watch more Football until the place is clean.

I love Thanksgiving.

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I need recipes for everything. My lovely bf has volunteered me to cook Thanksgiving dinner for his entire family. Y'all know I can't cook. Last year he volunteered me for pecan pies. I stressed for 2 weeks, went to Carlie C's and bought them, messed them up so they wouldn't look so perfect, recovered them. They ate them and welcomed me into the family. 8)

11. sassymom

Pecan pies are easy breezy, I will post the recipe this evening.. the stuffing I posted is easy as well. The just throw some corn and butter beans in some pots to cook and the turkey. What else you need :)

12. Tangerine

Thank you! I don't know what else I need. I'm going to have to write it all down and come up with a plan.

13. sassymom

let me know.. I will be glad to help with easy things to make!! string bean casserole is also very easy!

14. Tangerine

Thank you so much. I will let you know. If MY family hadn't of disowned me last week I could ask mom. but oh well, can't please everybody.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

I also like dressing w/some good sausage mixed in and cooked... Mmmm

I'm getting hungry now...:lol::lol:

16. sassymom

bumping up

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yumm!

Tangy, see the green bean recipe I posted in the Favorite Thanksgiving Sides thread, its easy and can't be messed up.

18. Tangerine

I saw that. I may try it. We've got to cook for about 30 people. His mom is going to come and help me out so maybe it won't be so bad. His sister has gotten a 21 lb turkey and a 21 lb ham for me to fix. you know this is going to be so funny.

19. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the dressing recipe

I just have to ask, is this the dressing that you place in a pan and then cut into squares, sorta like you do a cake?! I hate to sound so ignorant, but I grew up with dressing that you scooped out of a bowl and was very moist. Seems this dressing is not to well liked around my house. I want to try this recipe!! Please let me know.

20. sassymom

yes it is...bigger the pan the thinner it will be..