Dr. Sims

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bystander, Nov 20, 2009.

1. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Can anyone share their experiences with Dr. Sims? Our dentist retired and we're looking someone new. Prefer a smaller practice and not a "multi office production" like Dr. R.
    Besides having cute kids in his print ads, what's the scoop?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've used him for years. His staff is exceptionally friendly. The only "issue" I have is that they don't accept insurance. You have to pay upfront and then have your insurance co. reimburse you.

3. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My family LOVES him & his staff. I actually went to school with him many years ago. His practice is awesome. No waits, no issues!

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

I recommend Dr. Michelle Brown in Garner.

919-779-2818

5. seabee

seabee Guest

:iagree: P I A insurance wise.

6. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

We use Benson Family Dentistry, Dr. Kelly Wright is amazing with kids and adults alike, and the little ones love having the tv remote in their hands while they get their teeth cleaned and watching their shows.

This is also one of the few local places that take NC Health Choice and Medicaid.:p
    http://bensonfamilydentalcare.com/

7. cece

cece Well-Known Member

We have been going to Dr. Sims for years and we really like him.

8. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

I've been going to Dr. Sims for a couple of years now. I think he's very patient & nice. He's only in the Smithfield office on Tuesdays so that's when I always schedule my appointments. I guess he's in the Garner office the rest of the week. He has the cutest little twin sons and another child born this year so he really understands dealing with kids (and big kids like me, lol).

9. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

We go to Sims. He is great. Riccobene is overrated. I hate Riccobene or however u spell it. multiple offices, in and out..uck. They messed up my fillings and I had to go to Sims to fix the problem...Never again.

10. jonathan

jonathan Member

Dr. Sims is the best. I would not go anywhere else.

11. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I really like him too, but the insurance issue was the real pain! We changed dentist and now go to Riccobene. I've not had a problem over there. If it wasn't for the insurance issue, we'd still be going there. Not having to write a check and wait for the reimbursement is much easier.

12. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Haven't used Dr. Sims but can highly recommend Dr. Mullen. Great staff and they file your insurance plus they're a "preferred provider" with several insurance companies. So I've never had to pay a difference like at the kids dentist.

13. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

u will love this!!!!!

I have used Dr simms And Riccobene and other in the area. but here is a story you just have to believe. last year the night before fathers day it was raining, I ran into the garage and because the driveway is rough concrete and the garage is smoothe concrete and I was wearing crappy flip flops i slipeed and fell fprward, i hit my face on the floor and broke my front tooth in half horizontally, nothing about me is perfect but my born with straght teeth.
    i cried for about 3 hrs then at 11:00 pm i called Simms office to leave a message. the message barely ledgable through the tears was what had happened, by 11:30 that same night He returned my call personally, he said he was out of town but if i could meet him at his office by noon the next day he would see what he could do to help me. whien i arrived he was there waiting for me, and in our comversation i got that not only was he fairly far away but he had locked he and his wife out of the house and she went back to the inlaws to get keys while he tried to break in to his house to get changed to come help me, he left his kids at his parents house and met me at his office on his day off( a family day none the less) to fix my stupid mistake. not only did he fix my tooth but he repaired a certain faith in mankind that was beginingto disipate. so nuff said! He is my HERO!!!!!!
    and yo will love him and his dedication! lets say HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!

14. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

I also go to Dr. Sims and am very pleased with his service. I am a big baby when it comes to cavities and he had to fill one for me last year. He was very gentle and understanding with my "grownup tears." He even sent me a little note afterwards thanking me for my business and best luck with my new filling.

15. UR2L8

UR2L8 Guest

Dr. Sims is a total hero! My son had a bad fall and he called me back within minutes on his day off to tell me what to do and what to look out for in case there were problems. He called later that evening to verify he was okay. Also, after pulling 3 of my sons teeth to make room for more, he called that evening to make sure he was okay. You just can't beat the personal touch and care he gives. :hurray: