A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I love short weeks at work :)

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Leaving to take food/snacks/drinks to school for parents treats for kid's T-day program. Wondering why more parents don't even offer to chip in. I could have used this 35 bucks worth of stuff here. Yes, I know it's a tough economy and most everyone's discretionary income is practically nonexistent. We're in that same boat.
    rant off.............

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Well Hat thats the democratic way... you have it so share it with others.. :jester:

4. seabee

seabee Guest

you been out of it that long?? :jester: that's whats expected of us parents now,, parties in school with treats and all. :lol::lol:

5. This happened to me near Halloween. The so called room parent didn't call anyone to organize the party. The teacher and I ended up providing everything. I told her next time she has a party, let me do the organzing. If each parent would chip in just a little, the cost would be so much lower than if a few get everything. rant off...:mrgreen:

6. I'm all for that!!! How's my little squirrel doing today?

7. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Vacation in two days...... woo hoo!!

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm back - everyone may stop worrying and get back to your lives.

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! I cannot find Pioneer biscuit mix anywhere!!!! Wally world does not sell it anymore and Food Lion and Lowe's don't have it!!!!!

And same goes for Hawaiian Bread Mix!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Damn, you had me worried! 8)

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If ya find it lemme know. I'd like to try it....Maybe Clayton Food Town?
    I found it online. Their sausage gravy is good good good! Just add sausage and it's the bomb! ....The really fattening bomb! :lol:

... or maybe you could use the "contact us" section on the site to find out who they supply that may be near by...?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  12. I'm excited I get to see my best friend tomorrow. I haven't seen her in 2 years! She moved up north. This is the first time she's been able to come home!!

13. Just to add to the reasons I hate my daughter's cat, he killed a baby bird this morning and left it in 3 pieces right by my back door. :x

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Do you guys think it is rude to not bring in a dish when the office has a covered dish? We have about 40 in our office and only a handful brought dishes BUT everyone will be lined up to eat . . .

We've known about this for 2 weeks so no one can say they didn't have time, etc.

I just think it is rude/lazy to not participate IF you are planning on eating.

I know, I have hundreds of other things I should be worried about but this just stuck in my craw this morning so bear with me :mrgreen:

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes - it is rude, lazy, inconsiderate, greedy, etc. I remember it happening everytime something was organized when I worked, esp if it was department-wide. AND the folks who did not bring anything were the FIRST in line and got hearty helpings. So much so that one year I planned and organized it and was last in line and got NOTHING, but there is so and so with their plate piled high and they didn't even eat half of it and threw it out... Yeah, I don't miss working. Especially with arseholes.

Next time pass out tickets in exchange for a covered dish - then they can eat. :cool: I have found that just because folks are grown and have jobs, doesn't mean they have any home-training.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I think it's completely rude! and all the other things Cleo said. I am relatively certain I would not be able to keep thy pie hole shut about it either. 8)

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I'm ready for a slow down...
    [​IMG]

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Very rude, and then what everybody else said. :mrgreen:

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: also.

Michelle, if you see them in line say "(instert name here) what dish did you bring, I can't wait to try it." :twisted::twisted::twisted:

20. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers::cheers: