Carpet cleaning - what to do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Nov 23, 2009.

1. I have a high traffic area on my carpet that is very dirty compared to the rest of the carpet so I don't want to hire a carpet cleaning service for this one little area. Would it be worth it for me to rent one of those rug doctors or is there a good spray that works? It's about a 2ft x 2ft area.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats your best bet, unless someone has an upright style carpet cleaner you could borrow. I think they run about $20 to rent, I know Hudsons in Clayton (near the McDonalds rents them). I think you have to buy whatever carpet cleaning solution you want to use in it also.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I used the resolve foaming carpet cleaner this past weekend for a very high traffic spot and it looks brand new. That stuff works. I did it twice (following the directions on the can).

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Borrow one and use Oxiclean. And enforce a "no shoes" rule in the house. :lol:

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I also recommend the Rug Dr. You can also rent them at WalMart, Food Lion and several other places. Love my Rug Dr. Yep, I bought one of my own instead of renting.

For that small of a place, using the spray carpet cleaner my work best, unless you plan on doing all your carpet.

6. :lol: I can't do the no shoes rule although we rarely wear shoes in the house. I think my husband has worn his work boots one too many times though. I think I should enforce a "no work boots rule." That's where most dirt comes from I bet.

7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have used the Resolve and Oxiclean too and they both work well... then put a cheap carpet runner down and protect it after it dries.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Buy a rug.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

is that the same as what i was gonna say? "put down a runner"...

10. It's in a weird place in my house. It's hard to explain. It's right next to the kitchen, between the couch and the the corner of the wall. Our kitchen and living room run together except obviously there is no carpet in the kitchen. I'll take a picture one day. If a rug or a runner looked good there, I would have put one there a long time ago! :lol: Maybe I'll put one there anyway to protect it and just move it when we have guests!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
  11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Seabee must not have seen this thread yet. I'm sure he has a few ideas.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... cover of darkness sometimes... :cheers::cheers:

Lifter 1 Instant carpet stain removal.... it spits on any other product out there... there is no competition for this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009