Wednesday - what to do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Nov 23, 2009.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

MIL & FIL will be spending Wednesday with us, what in the Clayton/Garner/Raleigh area is there to do??

TIA.

2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Catch an IMAX movie, go walk around DeWayne's in Smithfield and look at all the Christmas stuff and the outdoor plants that are still there, take a nice walk at the new White Deer Park in Garner, go antique shopping in Selma and out for a bite to eat, go see a show at night at Memorial Auditorium (not sure what is playing), walk around the Farmers Market and maybe eat lunch there, go to a comedy club, go walk around the mall, then eat at the Cheesecake Factory or some other favorite place, maybe one with live music like 42nd Street Oyster Bar, take the dog to Petsmart and go look at the kittens. Go to the Harley store in Raleigh and look at the bikes--my FIL always put up with our other excursions if we included this, lol! It really depends on the personality of your inlaws.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

go the other direction, drive through the Lights at Meadow and eat at the Meadow restaurant that is right off the exit.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

...and hit those outlet stores in Smithfield. Do they still do downtown trolley rides in Raleigh? That's an idea, possibly.

5. harleygirl

THANKS!!! :grouphug:

6. seabee

seabee Guest

Go play shuffleboard.

7. harleygirl

:lol:

MIL & FIL are VERY active, she thought she broke her hip when she tried ROLLERBLADING about 6 months ago. :?

When we went up to PA this past summer, she fell backwards over the dogs lead it was on, jumped back up and kept playing. She's in better shape than most 30 year olds I know.

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Race gocarts

9. harleygirl

:lol: Thats on the list.

I'll be on the sidelines taking pictures and videos if we do that. :mrgreen: