Archer Lodge Christmas Celebration

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sassymom, Nov 25, 2009.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

is this Sunday, starting at 4pm with a parade. Following that at the community center will be a live nativity, music, reading of The Night before Christmas and of course the tree lighting! Santa will be there so bring your camera's!!

Family Fun all for free!!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

did this Santa get his H1 shot???? :jester:

3. sassymom

yep, pretty sure he did.. them little elves made sure of it :)

4. seabee

seabee Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I took the girls here yesterday. The weather was perfect and we had an awesome time! It was very well put together and organized, the parade was great, the refreshments were a nice touch, Santa was a nice guy, and the entertainment was enjoyable. We will definitely make this a yearly thing.

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I had to turn around and go 10 miles out of my way while on the way home from Youngsville yesterday.

What kind of redneck parade closes off a major thoroughfare when there is only one way to get to Clayton?

At least put up some signs in advance of the road closure!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

7. Centurian

Centurian Well-Known Member

Scrooge's Take

These little tiny town parades are cute until they choke off the only state road that passes through their little municipality. There's plenty of fields in Archer Lodge, so why not have all four floats and all four fire trucks out in a bean field where all 20 viewers can see it without backing up traffic on the through road?

8. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

are you serious???

9. sassymom

wow didnt realize that many people are bitter over Christmas! What the road closed for 25 minutes and it really inconvienced you that much!

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yes

11. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

see you were warned!!!!

12. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Doesn't excuse there being no signage to warn folks in advance of the intersection. It isn't like I can go one street over. I had to turn around and go about 10 miles out of my way.

13. Cleopatra

There was a sign out in front of the fire department, wasn't there?

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Don't know...I wasn't coming from that direction.

15. Cleopatra

Grinch. :lol:

16. sassymom

yes, also the community park had 2 signs up a week or two ahead and all the schools had fliers sent home before hand.

17. sassymom

you should have just pulled over for 20 minutes and enjoyed yourself grinch! Maybe next year that is what you should do volunteer to be the grinch in the parade trying to steal christmas

:jester:

18. Cleopatra

Yes!!!!

I don't kow if you were involved in the whole shebang sassymom, but I really thought it was fantastic and my girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves! All of the floats were decorated and there were no hearses. Yay!

19. sassymom

how was Santa and Ms Claus and the elves, I was home with a fever and missed it :cry:

20. Cleopatra

That was the best part!